• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Make sure the cops complete a report and ammend your story to someone else shot you. G & S reason.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Mandated to report this.

The report is taken by police officers on behalf of Animal Management/Control to track, treat and eradicate rabies; cops are more available than animal wardens.

dont know who called who.. was just surprised to hear a voicemail while waiting in miami airport to fly back to bwi.. wife dealt with it.. its all good now. we still have the cat and the person who the cat bit is still alive. :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    dont know who called who.. was just surprised to hear a voicemail while waiting in miami airport to fly back to bwi.. wife dealt with it.. its all good now. we still have the cat and the person who the cat bit is still alive. :)

They just need to make sure the animal can be observed. If the animal has had it's rabies shot, it is all the better. There are a lot of feral cats that people feed, and they are high risk for rabies since they eat anything and don't have shots.

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    I think I just scared everyone in my office I was laughing so hard!

Athough I am a tad disappointed that it took 3 pages to get to the first Christmas Story joke.....

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Sigh, well it's already been completely derailed anyway...

I had to sit in the e.r. For close to six hours last night for the privilege of getting my hand shot full of novacaine and a doc dig in it for a good five minutes before giving up, writing me some prescriptions and a referral...

Checked out the x-rays last after I got home, and it's pretty damn far in there. Right in the fleshy bit between the bones for the index and middle finger.

So now I get to go see a hand surgeon tomorrow.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Nawwwww, what bb gun has those ballistics? If they have half of that, that is impressive. If one does, I want one!

My pellet rifle does 1200fps on alloy pellets, 1000fps on lead. They have newer ones that get up to 1500fps.

krash - your a better man than me, I don't think I could've manned up and admitted to shooting myself on MDS (bb gun or other), hope they get you taken care of quickly.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    My pellet rifle does 1200fps on alloy pellets, 1000fps on lead. They have newer ones that get up to 1500fps.

krash - your a better man than me, I don't think I could've manned up and admitted to shooting myself on MDS (bb gun or other), hope they get you taken care of quickly.

To further support that claim...

I have a pellet rifle that is probably 30 years old that pushes lead >1000fps.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Did the black panthers do it? Panther drive by?

They were rolling by and you kindly waved. They said look at that honkey. Light him up with the BB choppa.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

What kind is it? With that who needs to shoot expensive .17 caL?

honeybadger

Feb 8, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    Hospital Policy:
    Reporting by Physicians and Hospitals of Wounds, Injuries and Illnesses
    requires that the physician discovering such wounds, injuries or illnesses must report as soon as it
    becomes practical, before, during or after completion of treatment, the results to the local police
    department. These wounds, injuries or illnesses which shall be reported by physicians and hospital
    include every case of a bullet wound, gunshot wound, powder burn or any other injury arising from the
    discharge of a firearm; every case of illness apparently caused by poisoning; and every case of a wound or
    injury caused or apparently caused by knife or sharp pointed instrument. The Emergency Department will
    notify the Security or Police Officer on duty who will report the following to the appropriate Law
    Enforcement Agency.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    What kind is it? With that who needs to shoot expensive .17 caL?

Just a run of the mill Gamo - mine's a Big Cat I got for a steal since it was refurbished. Airgun depot has all kinds of high-powered air rifles, sometimes for a great price too. ;)

Chad - that was almost too comical... :lol2:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    After sleeping on this it sounds like a botched suicide attempt to me...
    You know, that occurred to me last night and I didn't want to say it until we saw if he made it through the night.

Good thing, I slept on it myself and now believe it more resembles a jacklighting wound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom