TacCon 3MR Trigger? Cooler than a bumpstock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The fact that 1) it has a third position and 2) doesn't require an ass-ugly stock makes it seem like at least more of an option than the slide-fires. $500 seems steep, but I've blown more than that on toys before. If it functions like a 4.5lb really good single-stage in semi-auto and it has the pseudo bump-fire ability, I suppose that's not a super-crazy price... G2S would be $160, and a Slide-fire is like $300.

I am vaguely surprised that the BATFE approved it. Yeah, it's one shot per pull... but the whole positive reset thing seems iffy. I do see why it's different than the Atkins Accelerator - as long as it doesn't reset the trigger all the way.

Description of how it works lifted from ARFCOM:
    just handled one, switching to auto results in a shorter reset and the trigger does push forward as you cycle the action. However, I think you still need to let the trigger return a bit further than the auto assist before you engage the reset.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Saw the video, not really sure what makes it special. It looked like he was pulling the trigger very quickly, which really isn't very special.... What's the "trick"?

-Jim

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    One thing I learned from the video: this trigger will stop a threat cold. The second mag wasn't needed to stop the man of steel. That and running through a field wearing tachticool clothes makes all gun accessories seem legit.
    Seriously though I like it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Saw the video, not really sure what makes it special. It looked like he was pulling the trigger very quickly, which really isn't very special.... What's the "trick"?
    The trigger apparently pushes forward to some degree to aid in riding the reset via bumping, or such seems the idea. No one's claiming this thing simulates real full-auto by simply holding the trigger down - if it did, it would definitely be illegal.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The fact that 1) it has a third position and 2) doesn't require an ass-ugly stock makes it seem like at least more of an option than the slide-fires. $500 seems steep, but I've blown more than that on toys before. If it functions like a 4.5lb really good single-stage in semi-auto and it has the pseudo bump-fire ability, I suppose that's not a super-crazy price... G2S would be $160, and a Slide-fire is like $300.

I am vaguely surprised that the BATFE approved it. Yeah, it's one shot per pull... but the whole positive reset thing seems iffy. I do see why it's different than the Atkins Accelerator - as long as it doesn't reset the trigger all the way.

Description of how it works lifted from ARFCOM:

Just in case someone wants to research the topic, the bumpfire trigger noted above is the AKINS Accelerator, not Atkins.

According to the maker, it is a NOT bump fire trigger, but is a very SHORT reset trigger, requiring the operator to get off rapid shots with repeated quick pulls on the trigger--much like a Glock. Their claim is the trigger pull stays at 4.5 lbs but is fast because the trigger travel distance is minuscule.

Below is the text of a letter from the company to someone on AR15.com inquiring about the product:

Thank you for your interest in Tac-Con™. The response to our revolutionary, new 3MR (3rd Mode Reset) trigger has been overwhelming and we appreciate your patience as we launch our new company. We issued a media press release on Tuesday and it made AR15.com some minutes later. Not to say that was a bad thing but we were not entirely prepared for the tremendous public response! We are ramping up production in anticipation of our official launch on December 1st!.
    Note: We will begin accepting pre-orders at www.tacfirecon.com on or just after Saturday November 16th watch the web site for more information.

About the TAC-CON 3MR Trigger
    The 3MR is a drop-in 3-mode fire control system with Safe, Semi-Automatic, and Tac-Con™'s patented 3rd Mode. The 3rd mode has a positive reset that dramatically reduces the split times between shots. The positive reset characteristic is achieved by transferring the force from the bolt carrier through the trigger assembly to assist the trigger back onto the front sear. As a result, this gives the firearm the fastest reset possible. Both semi and 3rd mode positions exhibit a non-adjustable 4.5 pound trigger pull weight. Why 4.5 pounds? Because most law enforcement agencies limit any trigger used for duty to 4.5 pounds and above. Extensive testing done by Tac-Con™, the ATF (BATFE), and professional shooters have proven that this is the fastest semi-automatic trigger in the world. The 3MR is ATF approved and is NOT a NFA part. Each trigger is accompanied by a copy of the ATF letter. This is not a bump fire system. The shooter must pull the trigger once for every round fired.
    Additional information will be available at www.tacfirecon.com on December 1st.
    Thank you for interest in TAC-CON!!

Mike Stakes,
    President, Tac-Con™

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Sure looks like fun, but between the cost of the trigger and all the ammo it will eat . . .

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk.

blodter

Aug 28, 2013
    Hagerstown, MD
    I wonder how well the hammer would hold up to the blowback of a 22lr. The cost of the ammo it will eat won't be much of an issue then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom