Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (http://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Maryland 2A Issues (http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Frank Conaway Sr. with expired CCW (http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=69934)

Hopalong November 23rd, 2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inigoes (Post 1373903)
That's pathetic, the Prosecuting Attorney can't do their freaking job!

:sad20:

Maybe they're trying to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest? Does the appropriate prosecuting attorney know Conaway on a personal level? If they do, I'd say that's a perfect reason for an outside prosecutor.

Inigoes November 23rd, 2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopalong (Post 1373958)
Maybe they're trying to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest? Does the appropriate prosecuting attorney know Conaway on a personal level? If they do, I'd say that's a perfect reason for an outside prosecutor.

Not if Conaway is found guilty like everyone else charged with police testimony!

Bikebreath November 25th, 2011 01:37 PM

Just started talking about this on C4, WBAL 2:38PM

wynnstudio November 25th, 2011 08:55 PM

Frank's Lawyer has played the race card and threw in that the city states attorney and Adam are both jews for good measure. :sad20::sad20:

wynnstudio

mrjam2jab November 25th, 2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rseymorejr (Post 1372541)
Maryland issues so few permits they could probably notify them all in person before they expire. :innocent0

They issue so few that even if it was Their responsibility to notify they probably wouldn't even know about that.

ezliving November 26th, 2011 11:56 AM

David Codrea, Gun Rights Examiner

Conaway gun case tells much about hypocrisy, elitism and bigotry

Yoboney November 26th, 2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wynnstudio (Post 1376995)
Frank's Lawyer has played the race card and threw in that the city states attorney and Adam are both jews for good measure. :sad20::sad20:

wynnstudio

Well, does he have a point? :lol: :lol2:

ToneGrail November 28th, 2011 08:54 AM

It would be an ironic twist of fate if he actually does get prosecuted for carrying without a permit being that he was the one who introduced the bill that made MD a May Issue state.

One can only hope for karma to hit him in the ass.

It would be akin to Robespierre getting guillotined.

Squaredout November 28th, 2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BondJamesBond (Post 1373634)
I have worked with the Clerk of the Court in a different jurisdiction ,,,and I would have to disagree with you about the threat level.

Please explain your post. Being the Clerk of the court makes people want to kill you why? There are correctional Officers that cant get permits because they donít have directs attempts on there life. Police Officers that donít have permits and they have locked up drug dealers and wanted persons. EMT and Fire Fighters that cant get them and they go into the most dangerous areas sometime even before the police get there. So this pen pusher gets one and sorry I canít see why.

ViperRy November 29th, 2011 10:47 AM

This state will never acknowledge their blatant violations of the 2nd and 14th amendments. Too many libs and antis in state+local gov with sheep as constituents to ever overturn the current legislation.

It's sad that the only way we will be seeing CCW in MD is from action at the Federal level. Even then MD will fight tooth and nail to oppose it or make the average citizen jump through hoops to obtain a license while the current gov affiliates themselves carry

Docster November 29th, 2011 11:11 AM

Codrea's article makes great fodder for our agenda. I've started sending it out to Maryland Delegates, Senators, etc. This kind of stuff is hard to argue with, and even if it doesn't change anyone's mind, makes certain people look REAL stupid, and many others REAL uncomfortable......

travistheone November 29th, 2011 11:46 AM

Adam harassed them on numerous occasions, and made a point of going past his residence. I know this.

Put your self in ol conaways shoes.

Inigoes November 29th, 2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travistheone (Post 1381528)
Adam harassed them on numerous occasions, and made a point of going past his residence. I know this.

So it's okay to chase an instigator with a handgun outside of your property lines?

Hopalong November 29th, 2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inigoes (Post 1381536)
So it's okay to chase an instigator with a handgun outside of your property lines?

Maybe that's the reaction he was trying to get out of Conaway. I doubt anyone here would say that what you proposed is okay, but I won't put words into anyone's mouth.

Inigoes November 29th, 2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopalong (Post 1381600)
Maybe that's the reaction he was trying to get out of Conaway. I doubt anyone here would say that what you proposed is okay, but I won't put words into anyone's mouth.

If this is the fella who was the sponsor of the bill that made the law; then by all means, he should definitely know better!

hvymax November 29th, 2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inigoes (Post 1381609)
If this is the fella who was the sponsor of the bill that made the law; then by all means, he should definitely know better!

We should occupy his sidewalk. This POS deserves all of the misery that can befall him.

JOBU November 29th, 2011 12:40 PM

Conway gone wild!!!

teratos November 29th, 2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travistheone (Post 1381528)

My shoes would be occupying a cell.

Hopalong November 29th, 2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inigoes (Post 1381609)

But the law doesn't apply to him, remember? He's one of the elite who has a permit.

Oh wait, it expired. Darned technicality, blame it all on some hoodlum 'blogger who was harassing me.

I would love nothing more than for him to be found guilty of a carry violation. Even if it changes nothing in Maryland, the karmic value alone would be worth the likely legal fight.

kalister1 November 29th, 2011 01:31 PM

Did anyone notice the NAACP reps are in his corner?
I think we should all write to them and thank them for the 2nd amendment support.