Maryland Shooters

Maryland Shooters (http://www.mdshooters.com/forum.php)
-   Handguns (http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   XDS Recall (http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=129875)

rouchna August 28th, 2013 10:10 PM

XDS Recall

Not sure if this has been posted, but thought it was worth putting up here for all you XDS owners.

http://monderno.com/news/springfield...safety-recall/

Bikebreath August 28th, 2013 10:17 PM

My search didn't find other postings. I was just coming here to post it...you win. :)

rbird7282 August 28th, 2013 10:28 PM

Crap. Thanks for the heads up.

Boom Boom August 28th, 2013 10:32 PM

Good on SA for acting on it quickly before somebody gets hurt.

seawolf823 August 28th, 2013 10:42 PM

Mine is packaged and ready for shipment in the AM

pop-gunner August 29th, 2013 02:02 AM

THX for the notice.

Doctor_M August 29th, 2013 06:57 AM

Crap. Thanks for posting!

CrazySanMan August 29th, 2013 08:02 AM

I think this happened to me!

I loaded a magazine, hit the slide release, and fired a shot unexpectedly. I thought that I had accidentally squeezed the trigger, but I never put my finger inside the trigger guard unless I intend to squeeze the trigger. My years on my ship's security alert team and vertical boarding, search, and seizure team drilled into my head to never put a finger on the trigger unless you are on target. At the time I was thinking that I was slipping a little and not being as safe as I should be.

A1Uniform August 29th, 2013 08:11 AM

Drat, I'll be pulling the 5 I got in yesterday right off the shelf to check serial numbers. Good catch op.

rouchna August 29th, 2013 08:27 AM

Happy to help :)

ianmcall August 29th, 2013 08:28 AM

first the shield now this ?

Chris05STi August 29th, 2013 08:44 AM

Anyone know what they are replacing???? I got the Powder River Precision trigger spring kit and extended grip safety. My XDS falls in the serial number series for the recall but I wonder because of my aftermarket parts my gun is ok? Just trying to find out exactly what they are replacing in the recall.

swinokur August 29th, 2013 08:52 AM

Recall on S & W Shields as well. Another thread running on that.

TyFromMD August 29th, 2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris05STi (Post 2660395)
Anyone know what they are replacing???? I got the Powder River Precision trigger spring kit and extended grip safety. My XDS falls in the serial number series for the recall but I wonder because of my aftermarket parts my gun is ok? Just trying to find out exactly what they are replacing in the recall.

It sounds like a striker problem, not a trigger problem. I'd contact them and ask, and maybe revert your gun to factory parts if necessary.

TyFromMD August 29th, 2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyFromMD (Post 2660424)
It sounds like a striker problem, not a trigger problem. I'd contact them and ask, and maybe revert your gun to factory parts if necessary.

Sent mine. Hope this doesn't take forever.

Gryphon August 29th, 2013 10:49 AM

Thanks for posting - I registered for the recall online and before I knew it they generated a RA and Fed-X label - too bad the firearm is still in "jail" for who knows how long? :sad20:

Chowda69 August 29th, 2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyFromMD (Post 2660710)
Sent mine. Hope this doesn't take forever.

just to be safe, we can hand carry the gun to fedex and ship ? No FFL required ?

How did you all ship it ? in the gun case ?

redhawk_hj August 29th, 2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazySanMan (Post 2660297)
I think this happened to me!

I loaded a magazine, hit the slide release, and fired a shot unexpectedly. I thought that I had accidentally squeezed the trigger, but I never put my finger inside the trigger guard unless I intend to squeeze the trigger. My years on my ship's security alert team and vertical boarding, search, and seizure team drilled into my head to never put a finger on the trigger unless you are on target. At the time I was thinking that I was slipping a little and not being as safe as I should be.

hopefully you weren't at home!

Gryphon August 29th, 2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chowda69 (Post 2661331)
just to be safe, we can hand carry the gun to fedex and ship ? No FFL required ?

How did you all ship it ? in the gun case ?

Put it in the original case, unless you have a smaller hard case (to eliminate the size of the mags, mag pouch, holster, etc.), then put it inside a fed-x box with some paper to fill the voids, slap the label on it, and take it to a fed-x location (not a postal plus or whatever, an actual fed-x drop off/shipping facility), don't put any other markings on the box, tell fed-x its a firearm. I often tell them its a "defective" firearm, especially if anyone else is within ear shot. Never had a problem. For the return address, they will require an adult signature, so if you won't be at your home to sign you may want to have it shipped to your work if that won't get you in any trouble - but you will have to tell SA that so they get it right.

Chowda69 August 29th, 2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryphon (Post 2661349)
Put it in the original case, unless you have a smaller hard case (to eliminate the size of the mags, mag pouch, holster, etc.), then put it inside a fed-x box with some paper to fill the voids, slap the label on it, and take it to a fed-x location (not a postal plus or whatever, an actual fed-x drop off/shipping facility), don't put any other markings on the box, tell fed-x its a firearm. I often tell them its a "defective" firearm, especially if anyone else is within ear shot. Never had a problem. For the return address, they will require an adult signature, so if you won't be at your home to sign you may want to have it shipped to your work if that won't get you in any trouble - but you will have to tell SA that so they get it right.

Thanks for the info.