PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Initial Machine Gun Regestration Q:

class3
May 23rd, 2008, 09:56 AM
I got a few questions, was hoping somebody could help

I moved here from TN, the MD Initial Maryland MG Regesteration has on it: previous owners personal information, drivers licence, address, ect.

-Is it asking for the TN SOT dealers information or does it only apply to a Form 4 to Form 4 transfer within the state of MD?

My guns are in a safety deposite box in TN, want to bring them here.
Do I need to call the ATF and tell them i have a change of address?

thanks for any info! thought i would ask here first

JeepDriver
May 23rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
I got a few questions, was hoping somebody could help

I moved here from TN, the MD Initial Maryland MG Regesteration has on it: previous owners personal information, drivers licence, address, ect.

-Is it asking for the TN SOT dealers information or does it only apply to a Form 4 to Form 4 transfer within the state of MD?

My guns are in a safety deposite box in TN, want to bring them here.
Do I need to call the ATF and tell them i have a change of address?

thanks for any info! thought i would ask here first

Welcome!

Maryland Annual Machine Gun Registration Form (http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/Machine_Gun_Registration_Form.pdf)

You should be able to skip the previos owners information since you are the current owner and are just moving to Maryland. The SOT information shouldn't need filled in either. I'd call MSP and tell them you are moving here and ask them for specific instructions. Just be sure to get he name of who you talk to.

You need to send ATF a 5320.20 (http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/pdfs/f532020.pdf) with your information. Usually takes a month or so but once it comes back you are free to bring your guns to Maryland.

class3
May 23rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
thanks!

the high capacity magazine ban, (over 20rds) is posetion of a 30rd clip illigal in the state of maryland?

JeepDriver
May 23rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
thanks!

the high capacity magazine ban, (over 20rds) is posetion of a 30rd clip illigal in the state of maryland?

You can legaly own a 30 round mag, they just can't be sold, offered for sale, transfered, traded or shipped into the state. You must take buy them or previously owned them while out of the state.

Most of us go to VA or PA gun shows and drive home with them.