PDA

View Full Version : New GSG-5SD conversion by GemTech

JeepDriver
April 28th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Silencer Research Pics (http://www.silencerresearch.com/gemtech's_gsd-5.htm)

This is HOT! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I'm really looking foward to seeing one of these in person, but this is what I was hopeing for since these were released.

Redneck
April 28th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I really want one of those....and a lpk...and a 7.62x39 upper...and .233...and a TTS tranny upgrade...and TTS duel lift pumps....and I have no money!

Norton
April 28th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Way cool. Unfortunately, by the time I pay for the suppressor for the 10/22, I'm going to be broke.

ripper157
April 29th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Any idea on how much $ they are? I have been contemplating what I am going to do with mine.

navycrna
April 29th, 2008, 06:26 AM
that is sweet are they available commercially yet?

JCB003
April 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Sweet...any details? I haven't got around to SBR'ing my GSG-5, I'm definately going to wait on that and see what develops with this - I like it.

JeepDriver
April 29th, 2008, 09:32 AM
No details on them yet, Gem Tech bought one out to a silencer shoot in Texas last weekend to show it off.

Don't know exactly when it will be avaliable. I just found it on silencer research's web site.

ripper157
April 29th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I have been shooting mine in the backyard since I found out I could. I have had 3 neighbors stop by offering to buy mine. (because they wanted it…not so I would be quite! )I need to suppress it to keep the heathens away! I like that model the best aesthetically, to me it goes more with the style of the weapon. If you hear anything more about it I’m interested.

JeepDriver
May 2nd, 2008, 10:19 AM
Talked to GemTech yesterday. MSRP for a complete gun converted to the SD look is $1195

About $500 for the cost of the conversion alone, but once converted, the gun must ship to a SOT and be transfered back to you @ additional cost. They will do it both ways, SBR conversion w/ suppressor (2 tax stamps)or perment attached suppressor (1 tax stamp) The outter tube is removeable to clean the baffel core, so it's almost pointless to pay the 2 tax stamps.

And somehow there are now 2 Tundra's on the way for me to check out and play with!

navycrna
May 2nd, 2008, 10:35 AM
So Is that $1195 for the two tax stamps or for the one?

Talked to GemTech yesterday. MSRP for a complete gun converted to the SD look is $1195

About $500 for the cost of the conversion alone, but once converted, the gun must ship to a SOT and be transfered back to you @ additional cost. They will do it both ways, SBR conversion w/ suppressor (2 tax stamps)or perment attached suppressor (1 tax stamp) The outter tube is removeable to clean the baffel core, so it's almost pointless to pay the 2 tax stamps.

And somehow there are now 2 Tundra's on the way for me to check out and play with!

JeepDriver
May 2nd, 2008, 10:39 AM
So Is that $1195 for the two tax stamps or for the one?

Either one.

Having the SBR option (not the SD look, just a SBR'ed GSG with a thread on suppressor)

Or the SD look and a perment attached suppressor core for a 16" over all barell length.

JCB003
May 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
I saw pictures of the one stamp pinned and two stamp SBR guns on AR15, the two stamp gun looks better to me it appears to be maybe 3-4 inches shorter, but is it worth the extra $200 for a few less inches and a little more cool factor?

cbburke
May 3rd, 2008, 08:16 PM
thats a alot of money for a .22 ....