PDA

View Full Version : CCJA (2) Day Carbine / M4 Training July 17 - 18, 2010

Tom Perroni
June 24th, 2010, 02:19 PM
CCJA (2) Day Carbine / M4 Training

CCJA will be offering a (2) day Carbine / M4 course which will consist of two separate courses Carbine / M4 1 & Carbine / M4 2.

The below referenced courses can be taken together or separately!

M4 / CARBINE 1 July 17, 2010 starting @ 9:00 a.m.

This course is designed to develop a solid foundation of shooting skills with the M4/ carbine rifle. The student will quickly gain experience and confidence, increasing their skill level with the handgun and carbine and learning to use both in a tactical situation.

Prerequisites: Basic Pistol Skills

Cost: $200.00

Topics:

Safety 4 Firearms Safety Rules
Fundamentals of Marksmanship Focusing on Front Sight & Trigger Control
Malfunctions Drills Type I, Type II, Type III & Status Check
Nomenclature
Armorer Maintenance & Proper Lubrication
Magazine Changes & Weapons Handling Skills
Shooting behind cover and from barricades
Transition from Carbine to Handgun

This is a Fundamentals course that stresses Safety, Handling skills and Marksmanship. This course or its equivalent must be mastered before a student can progress to CCJA Tactical / Carbine 2 training.

Ammunition Requirements: 500 rounds Carbine 100 rounds of Handgun
Gear: Rifle / Carbine M4, AR-15, M16, AK, H&K, FN
Tactical Sling,(3) 30 Round Magazines, Magazine pouch, Handgun in Semi-auto Strong side holster, 3 Magazines, Magazine pouch, Handheld Light / pouch, Spare Batteries, Knee Pads, Water and Snacks, Wrap Around Eye Protection (clear) Ear Protection (electronic muffs recommended) Baseball style hat, Gloves, Weapons Lube & tools, spare parts or spare firearms.

M4 / CARBINE 2 July 18, 2010 starting @ 8:00 a.m.

This course is designed to develop skills for the student who uses his/her carbine as a primary firearm in a tactical environment. The course will start where you left off in Carbine 1. You will soon advance to skills that will reduce your reaction time, allow you to shoot faster with higher degree of accuracy, and increase your confidence with your carbine and pistol.

Prerequisites: M4 Carbine 1 or equivalent

Cost: $200.00

Topics:

Safety
Weapons handling skills
Combat Mindset
Gear placement
Fundamentals of Marksmanship Focusing on Front Sight & Trigger Control
Recoil management Proper Stance & Grip
Reloads and Malfunctions
Multiple targets
Shooting behind cover and from barricades and from and through vehicles
Shooting on the move
Shooting positions, Standing, Kneeling, Prone, Adverse Positions
Strong hand only shooting
Support hand only shooting
Low light shooting techniques

This is a Tactical course that stresses Safety, Handling skills and Marksmanship. This course or its equivalent must be mastered before a student can progress to CCJA Tactical / Carbine 3 training

Ammunition Requirements: 500 rounds Carbine 100 rounds of Handgun
Gear: Rifle / Carbine M4, AR-15, M16, AK, H&K, FN
Tactical Sling,(3) 30 Round Magazines, Magazine pouch, Handgun in Semi-auto Strong side holster, 3 Magazines, Magazine pouch, Handheld Light / pouch, Spare Batteries, Knee Pads, Water and Snacks, Wrap Around Eye Protection (clear) Ear Protection (electronic muffs recommended) Baseball style hat, Gloves, Weapons Lube & tools, spare parts or spare firearms.

Course AAR's

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=35715

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=35707

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=27297

To register for the course the above referenced course or courses please contact: Tom Perroni @ (540) 322-3000 or ccjatraining@gmail.com or to view our web-site @ www.ccjatraining.com

JeepDriver
June 24th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I'm a little concerned about the class we have set up for the 18th being open to someone who only has carbine 1. Not to be a dick, but after the May carbine 1 I attended, I can safely say most of them were not ready for the carbine 2 class.

All of the shooters we have coming down on the 18th have much more experience then just a single carbine 1 class. And I think we will be slowed down by someone out side our group.

Tom Perroni
June 24th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I'm a little concerned about the class we have set up for the 18th being open to someone who only has carbine 1. Not to be a dick, but after the May carbine 1 I attended, I can safely say most of them were not ready for the carbine 2 class.

All of the shooters we have coming down on the 18th have much more experience then just a single carbine 1 class. And I think we will be slowed down by someone out side our group.

Relax!

In order for someone outside the MD Shooter group to get in the Carbine 2 Course they need to be vetted by me or someone who I trust from the MD Shooter community.

Tom

JeepDriver
June 24th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, just wanted to check that all the shooters would be on the same page.

glock_forty5
June 24th, 2010, 08:18 PM
As long as we stay grouped by skill and experience I have no issue.

JeepDriver
June 24th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I was under the impression the July 18th date was for MD Shooters.

We have 18 shooters, what's the class max ?

ateixeira
June 25th, 2010, 11:58 AM

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, just wanted to check that all the shooters would be on the same page.

I was under the impression the July 18th date was for MD Shooters.

We have 18 shooters, what's the class max ?

YA! WHAT HE SAID!:sad20:

glock_forty5
June 25th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I spoke with Tom today. So far 18 MD shooters have committed to the class in the thread but not many have paid for the course, less than half. Tom is sticking to the syllabus but needs a minimum number of students to hold the class. He has some contractors and security guys that may show up for some practice and may advance some shooters from the carbine one course.

For almost a month, Tom has had an assistant at the office every day between 0900 and 1600 to answer phone calls and take payments.

I am just the messenger here but I want to see the class happen as he has some cool stuff planned (with some drill suggestions from yours truly).

JT

ateixeira
June 25th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I'm payed up and commited.......I figured more had already made payment. I'll be there.

glock_forty5
June 25th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I'm payed up and commited.......I figured more had already made payment. I'll be there.

I am with you brother. As Woddy Harellson said in Zombieland "It's time to nut up or shut up!"

http://crashlanden.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/zombieland_still.jpg?w=450&h=254

JeepDriver
June 25th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I've been paid up since May.

Hopefully others will pony up ASAP.

tzoid
June 25th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I spoke to Tom a few weeks ago and he processed my Credit Card...

Maybe we should post the attendee list from the other thread and see who needs to pay up.

glock_forty5
June 25th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I spoke to Tom a few weeks ago and he processed my Credit Card...

Maybe we should post the attendee list from the other thread and see who needs to pay up.

That is a good idea Tzoid. How is your foot?

kac - pd.
JeepDriver - pd.
glock_forty5 aka JT - pd.
Dale
Archangel - pd.
Kashmir
Elijah (K’s kid)
Les Gawlik
Mini-Marine
Dave (LG’s kids)
jmira - pd.
tzoid - pd.
apone - pd.
Todd v. - pd.
ateixeira - pd.
Micktaco - pd.
Davin - pd.

That is what I got from the other thread. PM me if you have paid and I will update the list.

JT

Archangel
June 28th, 2010, 03:00 PM
I'm paid up.

jmira
June 28th, 2010, 05:24 PM
paid up as well..

glock_forty5
June 28th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Updated!

I also called Dale and put a foot in his arse. Stand by...

kac
June 28th, 2010, 06:30 PM
So Tom doesn't worry, my check went out last week for a down payment amount. He should be getting it today or tomorrow.

I'm not worried about Les and his boys. They a) never back out, IME, and b) just have to get together 3 times the dough we do, so it takes a bit longer!

kac
June 28th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Anybody notice tzoid didn't tell us the mechanism of his injury? jeep, want to give us some more details wrt your prior intriguing post?

JeepDriver
June 28th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Anybody notice tzoid didn't tell us the mechanism of his injury? jeep, want to give us some more details wrt your prior intriguing post?

Co-ed Kickball !

kac
June 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Alright, here's the only thing I can say:

Immediate Revocation of Man-card.

UNLESS

One of the other participants was extremely hot and tzoid had a chance to get the job done.

glock_forty5
June 30th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Updated with more "paids". We are 50% there. I got calls out to a few of the guys to get there money in.

JT

tzoid
June 30th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Gotm4 is all square.......mark him paid

My legs about 70% so I'll run circles around 80% of you guys :lol2:

Can't wait to see all of you. :D

glock_forty5
July 1st, 2010, 08:15 AM
Gotm4 is all square.......mark him paid

My legs about 70% so I'll run circles around 80% of you guys :lol2:

Can't wait to see all of you. :D

Tzoid,

I will mark him paid tonight, my BB browser will not let me edit the post.

I am sure you will run circles around us and the girls at the english pub! HA!

JT

jmira
July 1st, 2010, 12:52 PM
anyone going up the night before?

kac
July 1st, 2010, 03:36 PM
I always do! So apone and I should be there.

tzoid
July 1st, 2010, 04:18 PM
I will be going down to Fredericksburg the day before... I'm not sure where I'm staying yet but I wanna hook up for dinner.

kac
July 1st, 2010, 04:25 PM
We'll almost certainly be in the Hospitality again.

glock_forty5
July 1st, 2010, 05:18 PM
We'll almost certainly be in the Hospitality again.

I do not think Apone will like the Hospitality house. You should have seen the place we stayed at for the steel seminar.

Tzoid, I updated the list with gotm4.

JT

kac
July 1st, 2010, 08:37 PM
He's stayed there before.

glock_forty5
July 9th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Update - I got word that GotM4 has a schedule conflict and will not be attending. Davin however will be. List updated.

Les Gawlik
July 10th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Dave, Will and I will be there Sunday.

ateixeira
July 10th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Looks like 13 with a firm commitment.

glock_forty5
July 10th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Looks like 13 with a firm commitment.

Men amoung men! ;) Should be a good class.

Todd v.
July 10th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Gunna have to go play in the garage so I don't look rusty...... :blush:

Micktaco
July 10th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I've put down $100 so far, but have had a hard time connecting with anyone over at CCJA, if all else fails I just bring the rest of the cash on the day of.

glock_forty5
July 11th, 2010, 07:56 AM
I've put down $100 so far, but have had a hard time connecting with anyone over at CCJA, if all else fails I just bring the rest of the cash on the day of.

I will mark you paid when I get home. I hear you about trying to pay Tom! I guess it is one of those "is what it is" things. ;)

JT

kac
July 11th, 2010, 10:00 AM
My thing is I just send a check to their address. Seems to work fine.

ateixeira
July 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM

COMMS seem to be an ongoing prob.

JT, missed ya at the Med class yesterday..Good time, good info, good folks.

glock_forty5
July 11th, 2010, 08:08 PM
JT, missed ya at the Med class yesterday..Good time, good info, good folks.

I was shooting steel in york. Richie knows his stuff for sure, I will catch the next one.

Tom Perroni
July 11th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Laura, my Admin works from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Anyone wanting to pay can call (540) 322-3000

Tom

ateixeira
July 12th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Laura, my Admin works from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Anyone wanting to pay can call (540) 322-3000

Tom
:thumbsup:

Looking forward to training with you and the rest of the bunch here this up coming Sunday..

3rdRcn
July 12th, 2010, 05:10 PM

Tom

Is that the same one that takes her lunch from 3-5? :D

JeepDriver
July 13th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Woo hoo ! Went digging around last night and found 600 rds of Q3131 I had forgot about.

Now I don't have to dig into any of my stash !

jmira
July 14th, 2010, 08:48 PM
I may have to back out / reschedule for a later class.. one of my eyes is seriously puffing up. Doctor has me on benadryl + steriods to get swelling down. it may be as simple as an allergy, or something more.. will update when I know something.

Todd v.
July 15th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I may have to back out / reschedule for a later class.. one of my eyes is seriously puffing up. Doctor has me on benadryl + steriods to get swelling down. it may be as simple as an allergy, or something more.. will update when I know something.

I just went through that last week, mine was poison Ivy, the meds should have you cleared up in good time, took me about 3 days and things were back to normal. Keep an eye on your electrolytes though, prednisone can mess em up good. It did for me and I was on my ass for a day because of it. I was working in that god awful heat last week while taking it though. I also needed to take the benadryl just to sleep, that stuff really makes it hard to get sleep

JeepDriver
July 15th, 2010, 12:24 PM
ATF sent me a present today, an approved form 4, just in time for the class !

ateixeira
July 15th, 2010, 03:19 PM
What are ya bringing Jeep???? Can for an AR?

JeepDriver
July 15th, 2010, 03:22 PM
What are ya bringing Jeep???? Can for an AR?

Both the AR's will be suppressed. I got my YHM 762 QD can today. We'll see how well it works on the 11.5" gun.

Todd v.
July 15th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Both the AR's will be suppressed. I got my YHM 762 QD can today. We'll see how well it works on the 11.5" gun.

Is it the Phantom? I want to check on of those out. :D

tzoid
July 15th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Jeep, when are you heading down to Fredericksburg?

Also.. what is the discounted rate for CCJA at the Hospitality House? I just reserved a room and they couldn't find a special rate and banged me for 107 a night ???

If you're training with us from out of town, we recommend the

Fredericksburg Hospitality House.

2801 Plank Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22401

(within walking distance from the classroom)

(540) 786-8321

Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy Training Rate: $70.00 per night, single occupant

JeepDriver
July 15th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Is it the Phantom? I want to check on of those out. :D

You're welcome to it. Shoot it all you want.

jmira
July 15th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I should be good to go.. weaning myself off the benadryl, and using a cold spoon to push the swelling away.. feel (and) like a boxer right now..

Les Gawlik
July 15th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I'm happy to announce that CCJA now is eligible for government rates at the Hampton Inn and Suites. It's a mile or so up the road from CCJA, but it is a really nice hotel. A standard room is $78 at our rates. I get a king suite because we need a roll-away, and they won't put those in the standard room.

The last course we took I stayed at this hotel. The place is new and looks great. The hot breakfast is very good, and includes waffles, fruit and the usual. The pool is outdoors, and is clean.

I am still trying to get the fiancee to come down with us, and she would not have tolerated the other places we stayed. I took pictures of this hotel room, and it passed her test.

Each time I called the Hosp House I got a different rate. The rates change depending upon how many empty rooms they have. When they are close to being full, they refused to give me a corporate rate.

The Hampton Inn for a few dollars more than the best rate I ever got elsewhere is a much better deal to me.

Todd v.
July 15th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I should be good to go.. weaning myself off the benadryl, and using a cold spoon to push the swelling away.. feel (and) like a boxer right now..

I hear ya brother, it sucks. I was using an ice pack. Here's my ugly mug from Monday the 5th.... That's as far as I could open my eyes. :sad20:

tzoid
July 15th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Tom called the Hospitality House and straightened out the confusion on the rates.. CCJA has a corporate rate of 70 bucks.

I agree with Les...The HH is a dump and the beds are pretty bad.

Les Gawlik
July 15th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Well, call the Hampton Inn. For $8 bucks? The breakfast alone is worth it.

Just tell them you're with CCJA. It's not the corporate rate- it's better- it's the government rate.

Todd v.
July 15th, 2010, 09:23 PM
It looks like it will be nice and hot out there, I'd recomend everyone get good and hydrated a day ahead of time and bring plenty of water and sunscreen. :thumbsup:

tzoid
July 15th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Les,

they have 3 friggin Hampton Inns in Fredericksburg

Market Street

Hospitality Lane

William Street

Which one???

Les Gawlik
July 15th, 2010, 10:01 PM
1080 Hospitality Lane
Fred'burg, VA 22401

I spoke with Carey Barber, Sales Manager

tzoid
July 15th, 2010, 10:08 PM
i just called and they said thet are all booked for the weekend .... oh well maybe next time..

Thanks Les

Les Gawlik
July 15th, 2010, 10:19 PM
There is an associated Hilton next door. Could they have given you a discounted rate there?

Les Gawlik
July 15th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Or, call Carey and see if they will give you the govt rate at another location. She was very pleasant and seemed eager to work with me. She works 8-3 or 9-3, something like that.

Apone
July 15th, 2010, 10:29 PM
I'll be heading down on Saturday with the wife and kids. Planning to hook up w/ KAC and do some family stuff on Saturday, and grab dinner. We're staying at HH (for now - gonna try to switch the reservation to Hampton). If not, we'll only be there for one night, so no biggie.

ateixeira
July 16th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Are we still looking at a 0800 start time?

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=691588&postcount=1

Les Gawlik
July 16th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I called Carey and there are rooms available. You have to talk to her, though. Some of the rooms are listed with the front desk as two night minimum. She can force that to Fri or Sat.

She said the Boy Scouts are in town and have taken up all the rooms for the next three weeks.

StrikeFace
July 16th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Say... any slots open for Carbine II?

I figure it'll be the usual case where some guys didn't bother with a deposit and thus won't show up because they're busy buzzing the lawn.

I'd like to wiggle in and blast a few.

JeepDriver
July 16th, 2010, 03:36 PM

Says 0800 sharp, so that's what I'm aiming for.

JeepDriver
July 16th, 2010, 03:38 PM

I figure it'll be the usual case where some guys didn't bother with a deposit and thus won't show up because they're busy buzzing the lawn.

We have 13 confirmed, I think we had 17 total. The cut off is 20 IIRC, so is say you are good to go as long as you have carbine 1 under your belt.

StrikeFace
July 16th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks, Jeep. I don't know if you remember, but we've busted rounds together before.

glock_forty5
July 16th, 2010, 10:00 PM

As of the last time I spoke with Tom (couple of weeks ago) yes, 0800 at the office.

Hell yeah! Always room for you.

JT

glock_forty5
July 16th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks, Jeep. I don't know if you remember, but we've busted rounds together before.

Jeep is a newly minted Daddy, his memory is starting to go. HA! :lol2:

glock_forty5
July 17th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Just confirmed, Sunday's class starts at 0800.

JT