PDA

View Full Version : List your Top 5 9mm Pistols

fivepointstar
June 14th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I got this idea from another forum. LIST your Top 5 9mm (9x19) pistols in order. I just want to see where everyone stands with their 9mm's. You don't have to own it but believe it belongs in your Top 5 because of your experiences.

List the compact/full size version as one handgun (ie Glock 17/19 or XD9/9compact etc.)

I'm compiling mine but have some thinking to do.

boothdoc
June 14th, 2010, 05:43 PM
any of my 45s will win.:innocent0

clandestine
June 14th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Most Accurate (In Order):

SIG P210
HK P7 (M8/M13)
S&W 952
Walther P88
H&K USP Elite/Expert
H&K P9

Most Reliable (In Order):

Glock 17/19
H&K USP 9
SIG 226 (German)
S&W M&P
Walther P99
Browning Hi-Power
CZ 75

I dont like or recomend the following Handguns in 9mm:

Steyr
1911 (Any Model)
S&W 39XX/59XX
Taurus (Any Model)beretta (Any Model)
S.A. XD
Hi Point
Ruger (Any Model)

I will always have a fond place in my heart for these too:

Luger
P38/P1

I like these the best overall:

S&W M&P
Walther P99
Browning Hi-Power

fivepointstar
June 14th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Finally finished mine:

5. CZ 75/P01/RAMI
4. Beretta 92
3. SIG P226/P228/229
2. Glock 17/19
1. Walther P5

oldsarge
June 14th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Sig 226
Beretta 92FS/M-9
CZ 75
S&W M&P
Zastava EZ9

JeepDriver
June 14th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Of what I own:

Sig P226
Glock 34
Glock 26
Sig P228
HK USP

The P226 and the G34 are a dead heat as to my 'top' pistols. All the others I don't have anywhere near the round count those 2 have.

jerielg
June 14th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Sig P226 Dark Elite
Glock 17
Browning Hi Power
Beretta 92F
Any 9mm at hand when The SHTF.

smores
June 14th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Beretta 92FS - mine has been 100 reliable and I carry it almost daily
SIG P226 - my dad has a German one he bought as a CPO, excellent pistol, great SA trigger
CZ-75B - first handgun I bought and I still love it
Glock (any size in 9mm) - I've shot every size and like them all. Want a 19 ASAP.
S&W M&P Full Size - Nice pistol, triggers can clean up real nice.

Since others have extended upon their 5, I'll throw in 2 more I like:

Browning Hi-Power - Come on, it's a Browning, and despite the hammer bite it's a nice gun.
USP 9mm - Expensive but nice. Fits my hand better than a Glock but, expensive. ;)

Norton
June 14th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I'll play.....not necessarily in order

SIG 226
HK P7
Glock 17
Browning Hi Power
HK USP

august1410
June 14th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Browning High Power
Beretta 92
Glock 19
H&K P7
S&W Model 547

mbz300sdl
June 14th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Well being that I have only shot 3 9mm the order I liked them was this

1. Ruger P94 based on grip in my hand cause neither ever FTF, FTE
2. Glock 19

Sig 226 was too long ago to give a fair rating i was 13 or younger it was German as well.

BlueHeeler
June 14th, 2010, 06:12 PM
As far as 9mm I would spend my money on:

Walther P38
Luger P-08
Browning Hi-Power
Mauser C96

The new ones do not do as much for me.

SCARCQB
June 14th, 2010, 06:25 PM
#1 Glock 34
Practical- tactical, competition ready, out of the box, " just like me"

#2 Glock 19
Everything about it is superlative. with tritium sights, it is the perfect pistol.

#3 HK USP 9SD
Reliability and accuracy. It is also very reliable as a suppressor host for those discrete moments.

#4 Beretta 92
It looks sexy, reliable and accurate. I have never experienced a failure with my Beretta, I like it because of its sentimental value. This is the only pistol that I have really packed in an actual warzone.

#5 Glock 26
My favorite CCW gun. Small enough to conceal with light clothing. It packs enough power as not to feel outgunned.

Jimbob2.0
June 14th, 2010, 06:26 PM
CZ75
CZ75
CZ75
CZ75
CZ75

Ok seriously

CZ75 or variants
Sig
Glock
EAA (I know a much lower quality CZ variant)

Cant think of another I like.

Mark392001
June 14th, 2010, 06:28 PM
In order...

H&K USP 9 Full Size
Ruger P95
H&K P30
Glock 17
Sig 226

The top 2 I have. Surprised no one else listed the Ruger which is built like a tank, it was my first defensive caliber handgun which I still treasure dearly. The last 3 I'll have at some point.

CIGuy
June 14th, 2010, 06:33 PM
In no particular order;

Glock 19
Sig 225/P6
Beretta 92FS/M9
Sig P228
Browning Hi Power

smokey0118
June 14th, 2010, 06:34 PM
1)P99- of all the 9mm i've shot, it just plain feels and shoots the best FOR ME. nothing but happy with my p99
2)glock g19- my dad has one and even though i don't really like glocks personally, i recognize how great of a design they are, how reliable, and how they basically changed modern handgunning
3)Smith M&p pro- alucard's just feels so-so good. it doesnt feel as nice in the hand as my p99(to me), but i like the trigger better(alucard's trigger with work..better) and they're very reliable. if not the p99, this would be my second pick
4)Sig 226- hell and back reliability, hammer forged barrels..just everything about them screams quality. accurate and aside from a 1911, they can have some of the better triggers out there.
5) cz-75- similar to sig 226's good qualities. most of europe uses these thingers so they've gotta be the bees knees. Only thing i don't like is the slide is tiny and makes racking it difficult.
others that didn't make it but i would be happy having are fnp-9's(especially when they only had a decocker and no safety), hk usp's(just too expensive for what you get and their civilians suck mentality peeves me), and beretta m9a1. Overall i'd say we're pretty lucky to have so many damned well made 9mm guns to choose from.

MikeTF
June 14th, 2010, 06:42 PM
SIG P228
Glock 17L

rouchna
June 14th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Glock 19 - own
Sig P226 - want but can't afford
Ruger SR9 - own
Glock 26 - next purchase
XDM 9 - like but not enough to buy

SmokingGun
June 14th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Glock 19
Glock 26
Ruger SR9c
Walther P99
Springfield XDm

alucard0822
June 14th, 2010, 07:02 PM
I would say,

5. Walther P38, The first sucessful DA/SA pistol it ended the percieved need and training associated with keeping an empty chamber, and rendering the pistol safe with the use of a decocking mechanism. The pistol continued the P-08 luger's introduction of widespread issuance of sidearms, but modernized the way pistols were carried.

4 Browning Hi-power, John Brownings last masterpeice, the hi-power introduced a high capacity autoloader to militaries and police departments world wide, in most ways it was an evolution of earlier designs, but the culmination was something entirely new. It proved the advantages of capacity, and began to erode "traditional" and antiquated marksmanship training, and ushered in dynamic pistol training.

3. Beretta M9, While a good pistol, and it's place as the official US sidearm is a rare spot, it is not neccesarily the pistol itself, but the circumstances around it's adoption, it's influence on police tactics, and it's evolution from earlier autos that are notable. The JSSAP and military trials modernized pistol testing and development, and was carried over to law enforcement trials and manufacturer's R&D. The design was heavily influenced by the Walther P38's DA/SA action, and locking mechanism, and the Browning hi-power's double stack magazine. It also changed the doctrine of international standardization amongst NATO countries in reguard to sidearms. The beretta 92 also provided a pistol that offered advantages over police revolvers to a degree that departments overwhelmingly sought to adopt "wonder nines", and adopted training and tactics that best utilized a high capacity pistol.

2. P08 Luger, it changed the battlefield, and changed sidearm doctrine permanently. It became the first viable automatic sidearm as it replaced the huge C96 broomhandle mauser. It introduced the sidearm as a backup to a primary long gun instead of a replacement issuead weapon, and proved the concept. It is also the namesake of the 9X19 luger, and introduced the cartridge.

1. GLOCK 17, when it came out it had no equal, it was the first viable and commercially successful polymer pistol, and has influenced almost every new pistol that has come out in the last 20 years. It represented a leap forward in technology that not only changed duty pistols forever, but changed the tactics and training. The design has proven to be very adaptable and has spawned dozens of variants in various calibers, compact, midsize, long slide setups, and the simple mode of operation simplifies training.

Jarhead FLSTI
June 14th, 2010, 07:09 PM
CZ75 SP01
CZ75B (Omega Trigger)
Taurus PT92 (I like the frame mounted safety/decocker)
Beretta M9 (Yes, I like the PT92 better)
Glock 19

jonnyl
June 14th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I'd keep my current two
P-38
Kahr MK9 for CCW

and add a couple classics
Browing Hi-Power
P-08 Luger (If I could afford it)
Sig 226 - because I've heard one or two good things about them!

In the real world I'll probably add one full sized 9, either the Browning or a CZ-75

LostSoul
June 14th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I can only speak for my very limited personal experience, so here goes...

Glock 17. My go-to defense pistol, in around 4k rounds has only malfunctioned once, due to bum magazine.

Walther P99. I only shot one a couple of times, it belongs to a friend of mine. But I love it's ergonomics and it's far more accurate than I am, same as my G17.

I could speak of historical significance and whatnot for other pistols, but truth be told, these are the only 9mm handguns I've actually shot. I'm too inexperienced to elaborate further, but I do indeed recommend these two models.

05dodgedaytona
June 14th, 2010, 08:07 PM
No particular order.

Sig P6
S&W M&P
FN FNP
CZ 75
Springfield XD

Huckleberry
June 14th, 2010, 08:12 PM
No particular order

G17
BHP
226 (German Made)
S&W M 39-2 (The Original American Wonder Nine)
CZ-75

Honorable Mention

Ruger P89
92SF

And Two Revolvers

Ruger BH Convertible 357/9mm - Great for practice and plinking

SP101 in 9mm - Nice alternative to the 357 or 38 models.

Maybe Ruger will consider a LCR in 9mm

joppaj
June 14th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I have only fired a few that I liked and Huck beat me to it.

1) G17/G19
2) Ruger Blackhawk Convertible
3) BHP

I wouldn't take a Beretta 92 if you gave it to me free.

mbz300sdl
June 14th, 2010, 08:24 PM
In order...
Surprised no one else listed the Ruger which is built like a tank, it was my first defensive caliber handgun which I still treasure dearly.

I listed the P94 and like you it is my first center fire/defensive caliber handgun its just all metal and they stopped making them in 2004 in 9mm :sad20:

rob-cubed
June 14th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Hi-Power -- A classic. Great trigger, great accuracy, slim and sexy like a 40's pinup girl. Fits my hand like a glove. Everyone that has shot mine loves the way it feels, it's ideal for both beginners and pros. Nothing beats a good SA trigger.

CZ-75B -- A Hi-Power improved. Granted the DA/SA trigger isn't as nice as the dedicated SA Hi-Power, but it makes a better working gun. Outside the US it is a common LEO/military sidearm and has earned its combat stripes. A .22 conversion kit has it pulling double duty as a fun plinker.

IMI Baby Eagle/Jericho -- A CZ variant and a direct descendant of a Hi-Power (see a pattern here)? It has a better trigger than the CZ-75B, but is much heavier due to the slide (which soaks up recoil very well in .40). Fit on this thing is incredible, the Israelis know their stuff when it comes to firearms. I love the lines on it, and the way it shoots.

Beretta 92 FS -- It has its weak points like the skeleton slide, but there's something about it that works. It's dependable, and for a larger pistol still fits my hand and shoots where I point it. It has been in service long enough that it deserves a spot on the "best of" list.

Sig 226 -- Bulky and blocky, it's not the prettiest of the bunch. But this gun is a joy to shoot. One of the better combat triggers I've ever felt with very little travel and a clean break. I don't like the decocker, but it works, and it runs like a top. Very good machining and finish work and a super-tough coating.

phidelta308
June 14th, 2010, 08:26 PM
In no particular order:

Beretta 92FS
Glock 17
Browning Hi Power
CZ 75
HK P30

axshon
June 14th, 2010, 08:27 PM
1. Glock 19
2. Sig 226
3. M9
4. There are others??? Guess I need to head to the range and test 'em out!

Russ D
June 14th, 2010, 09:06 PM
#1 Glock 34
Practical- tactical, competition ready, out of the box, " just like me"

#2 Glock 19
Everything about it is superlative. with tritium sights, it is the perfect pistol.

#3 HK USP 9SD
Reliability and accuracy. It is also very reliable as a suppressor host for those discrete moments.

#4 Beretta 92
It looks sexy, reliable and accurate. I have never experienced a failure with my Beretta, I like it because of its sentimental value. This is the only pistol that I have really packed in an actual warzone.

#5 Glock 26
My favorite CCW gun. Small enough to conceal with light clothing. It packs enough power as not to feel outgunned.

My list would be exactly the same except Substitute #3 with the Sig X5

boss66tcode
June 14th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Sig P 226
Glock 17
S and W M &P
Beretta 92 (I like them fine, some don't)
I don't have enough range time with a 5th , but I am guessing a springfield XD should go here

MauiWowie
June 14th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Sig P226
Sig P228
Sig P229
Sig P225

damn all I have and shoot is sigs....

ThawMyTongue
June 14th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Most Accurate (In Order):

I will always have a fond place in my heart for these too:

Luger
P38/P1

I just shot both of these yesterday...

1936 Luger, very nice condition, a blast to shoot! Very accurate, surprised me actually, facinated by the action.

End of the war (not sure of year) P38, heavy machine markings, fun to shoot a piece of history, but nothing special.

lx1x
June 14th, 2010, 09:19 PM
only owned 2 9mm in my life..

currently the xdm.. love it
and a taurus (long gone.. sold it.. was my first 9mm and needed to money then).
but would like to buy a berretta 92 or m9

Huckleberry
June 14th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Sig P226
Sig P228
Sig P229
Sig P225

Bet you just like only Vanilla ice cream too

MauiWowie
June 14th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Bet you just like only Vanilla ice cream too

I'm lactose intolerant don't like any ice cream! :lol2:

aray
June 14th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I only have experience with three, but I love them all:

Beretta 92 FS - best fit for my hand
Kahr CW9 - best for CCW (in the 31 states I'm allowed to carry)
IMI Uzi - most fun to shoot

Huckleberry
June 14th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Surprised no listed a Hi-Point:D

Mark392001
June 14th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I listed the P94 and like you it is my first center fire/defensive caliber handgun its just all metal and they stopped making them in 2004 in 9mm :sad20:

Yep you posted while I was typing.

Huckleberry
June 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I'm lactose intolerant don't like any ice cream! :lol2:

So does that mean Sigs are like Soy Milk those who are intolerant to other brands:D

Of course, too much Soy can do things to a man:innocent0

Papi4baby
June 14th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Glock 17/19
Sig 226
H&K USPc
Berreta M9(military one, i don't know jack about the civilian version)

Sorry, that's all i got.

mikec
June 15th, 2010, 01:16 AM
BHP
CZ-75B
SIG P2022
S&W M&P Pro

Honorable mention, Luger. Don't own one, never shot one, just have to put it on the list.

The first four guns I would feel comfortable having with me for any serious event. Next to a 1911 in .45ACP, those would be my go to guns.

BenL
June 15th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I don't own a 9mm.

INMY01TA
June 15th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I miss my old triple action Daewoo.

Mike OTDP
June 15th, 2010, 06:53 PM
In no particular order....

1. Browning High Power with C&S mods
2. S&W ASP
3. Sig P210
4. Rohrbaugh R9
5. HK P7 PSP

STSCM
June 15th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I don't own a 9mm.

I'm in the process of getting rid of my XD-9 for trade in/up to a Glock 30. Keeps ammo requirements uniform (except for my 357 :innocent0)

Minuteman
June 15th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I'm pretty familiar with almost every pistol mentioned here, haven't fired a few of them-
p99 - I'm very interested to shoot
Steyr - really want to fire the s9 model, my neighbor bought a m9 model after I gave him some training, I never got to fire it, then he moved.
Rohrbaugh R9 - super expensive, and tiny, and I read there is a technical problem with it (spring maybe?), I forget, almost bought one until I read about the issue.
What is a BHP? I learn something almost every day on this forum.
HK's - never liked how they feel (kinda big for my hands, and kinda expensive for my wallet)
Glock - very good, a little on the thick side for everyday carry, also boring.
Browning - feel great, shoot great, but, most are single action and are hEaVy for CCW.
Beretta - the new ones look interesting, much lighter/smaller , no external safety for me.
Taurus - did anyone even mention them? No thanks on the external safety's.
XD9- The feel ok shooting, but the slide just sits kinda high for my taste, also a buddy broke the trigger spring at the range with one we were shooting, what the?
S&W M&P- very interested to shoot, like the looks
Kel-Tec- if they are reliable enough, love the weight and size
Ruger- please make a 9mm version of your LCP to compete with Kel-Tec
Sig- All Great. Maybe a tad big for ccw. $
Kahr - winner! I bought my first Kahr when nobody knew who they were. Today in my opinion they are the best balance of performance, size, form and function.

I usually charge for this kind of advice, so if you read this and didn't know it, welcome you to buy me a beer otherwise if you agree with all of it, we can just toast.

Cheers.

joppaj
June 15th, 2010, 09:04 PM
What is a BHP? I learn something almost every day on this forum.

Browning High Power

Mark392001
June 15th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Glock 17/19
Sig 226
H&K USPc
Berreta M9(military one, i don't know jack about the civilian version)

Sorry, that's all i got.

What are the differences between an M9 and the 92F other than the retention lanyard ring? Do M9's ever get decommissioned and end up for civillian sale?

mikec
June 15th, 2010, 09:22 PM
What are the differences between an M9 and the 92F other than the retention lanyard ring? Do M9's ever get decommissioned and end up for civillian sale?

Unless you are a General, you most likely will not see a military handgun transferred for civilian ownership.

I believe Beretta made some civilian M9 clones a while back.

I think the 92SF is the true civilian equivalent of the M9. Minor differences, minor I say in the grand scheme of life, but to a M9 fan, I bet they can give you a breakdown by serial # of every modification.

smores
June 15th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Unless you are a General, you most likely will not see a military handgun transferred for civilian ownership.

I believe Beretta made some civilian M9 clones a while back.

I think the 92SF is the true civilian equivalent of the M9. Minor differences, minor I say in the grand scheme of life, but to a M9 fan, I bet they can give you a breakdown by serial # of every modification.

My friend's dad was a member of the U.S. Army Pistol Team and has an older Ruger Mark II pistol that was transferred to him from the armory, he's got paperwork with it. Then again, it wasn't a standard issue weapon, and specifically bought for competitive shooting.

There are no differences other than markings on the weapon between the civilian and military versions. Just like how the "M11" is the SIG P228. My 92FS has the lanyard ring and 3-dot sights, slanted dust cover and came with the plastic guide rod (replaced with a steel one).

Minuteman
June 16th, 2010, 08:37 PM
The differences are so small, it's difficult to recognize, like bending nails.

As several are saying, the M9 is the 92F (or 92FS, not exactly sure). And the only difference between the M11 (Sig228), and a normal 228, it that all the military ones were bought with tritium sights, for most 228's this is an upgrade. I may be wrong, carried both these weapons for years, and own/ed civilian versions.

axshon
June 16th, 2010, 08:44 PM

Gosh, that's tough luck! You must be just so sad 'bout that! ;)

bullbarrel
June 16th, 2010, 08:55 PM
glock17 Sigp226 glock26 CZ75SP01 EAA ELITE MATCH

Onua
June 16th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Sig P226 Combat
HK P7

Only have two 9mm as of yet. I would like a Browning Hi Power

tzoid
June 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I think you asked for what are the top 5 that we own so here are mine.

Sig P226 X-5 Competition
Sig P226 West German
S&W M&P 9 Pro
Sig P226 Stainless
Sig P229 SCT 9mm

I may thin out the 9mm but have no clue which one I wou ld sell

snoopaloop
June 16th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Will only comment on 9s I've owned or shot.

1. M&P 9 Pro- IMO it has all the strengths of a Glock, but with more comfortable ergonomics and nicer sights out of the box. Does cost more though.
2. Glock 17- Strengths have already been listed
3. HK P2000- Just about as comfortable to shoot as the M&P, and would still consider getting one as a carry piece.
4. SIG P226- Like the feel of it and was plenty accurate, but I'm not into the DA/SA trigger.
5. Beretta 92FS- See #4.

onatsky
June 16th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Glock 19
Jericho 941F
CZ 75
Sig 226
Beretta 92FS

Biggfoot44
June 17th, 2010, 01:35 AM
Historicaly signifigent :

P08
P35
P38
G17
S&W M39 in US, CZ75 rest of world
G17

Personal preference

P225
G17
HiPower
BlackHawk convertable
KelTec P11

June 17th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Is this

9x17mm
9x18mm Makarov
9x18mm Police (9mm Ultra)
9mm Browning Long (9x20mm Browning SR)
9mm Glisenti
9x19mm Parabellum (9mm Luger, 9x19mm NATO)
9mm Federal
9x21mm IMI
9x21mm Gyurza (9x21mm SP-10)
9mm Action Express (9mm AE)
9x23mm Steyr
9mm Largo (9mm Bergmann-Bayard, 9x23mm Largo)
9mm Super Cooper (9x22mm Super Cooper)
9x23mm Winchester
9mm Mars
9x25mm Mauser (Export caliber for C96)
9mm Winchester Magnum
9x25mm Dillon
9x25mm Super Auto G
9x30mm Magnum (9mm Dillon Magnum)

Biggfoot44
June 17th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Due to overwhelming worldwide production, and current avaiablity of multiple pistols there is a strong implied presumption of 9x19 , or at bigger streatch, ctgs suitable for use in full size service pistols.
But to go out on a Limb :

9mm Mars - high performan ctg decadea ahead of its time, in an obscure pistol of same mfg.

9mm Bergman-Bayard - adaquate ctg in a pistol that was used in somewhat respectable numbers, helping to validate the concept of self loading pistols.

9mm Largo - Another early ctg that helped validate selfloaders, was made in a variety of early pistol. Lived on a long time as Spanish Military chambering until they were drug into 9x19 standardazation. Early ctgs were loaded somewhat milder than 9x19 , the final Spanish Milspec had them into .38 Superish specs. My prefered platorm are the Star Mdl B and B Super .

.38 Super - Origionally loaded quite hot it broke new ground in high performance and long range selfloaders, and handguns generally. Later in '80s had a resurgence in IPSC raceguns. The Colt Gov't Model is most identified gun. The 9x23 Win and countless near identical wildcats duplicated capacity and performance, only a lawyer could tell them apart.

.357 SIG. - duplicated performance of 1929 era .38 Super , but in a bottle neck ctg suitable for chambering large number of current platforms otherwise suitable for 9x19 and .40. The actual SIG came first, but preferences would follow whatever your preference in a .40 cal postol .

fivepointstar
June 17th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Is this

9x17mm
9x18mm Makarov
9mm Glisenti
9mm Federal
9x21mm IMI
9x23mm Steyr
9x23mm Winchester
9mm Mars
9mm Winchester Magnum
9x25mm Dillon
9x25mm Super Auto G

Due to overwhelming worldwide production, and current avaiablity of multiple pistols there is a strong implied presumption of 9x19 , or at bigger streatch, ctgs suitable for use in full size service pistols.
But to go out on a Limb :

9mm Mars - high performan ctg decadea ahead of its time, in an obscure pistol of same mfg.

9mm Bergman-Bayard - adaquate ctg in a pistol that was used in somewhat respectable numbers, helping to validate the concept of self loading pistols.

9mm Largo - Another early ctg that helped validate selfloaders, was made in a variety of early pistol. Lived on a long time as Spanish Military chambering until they were drug into 9x19 standardazation. Early ctgs were loaded somewhat milder than 9x19 , the final Spanish Milspec had them into .38 Superish specs. My prefered platorm are the Star Mdl B and B Super .

.38 Super - Origionally loaded quite hot it broke new ground in high performance and long range selfloaders, and handguns generally. Later in '80s had a resurgence in IPSC raceguns. The Colt Gov't Model is most identified gun. The 9x23 Win and countless near identical wildcats duplicated capacity and performance, only a lawyer could tell them apart.

.357 SIG. - duplicated performance of 1929 era .38 Super , but in a bottle neck ctg suitable for chambering large number of current platforms otherwise suitable for 9x19 and .40. The actual SIG came first, but preferences would follow whatever your preference in a .40 cal postol .

my OP says 9mm Para

I got this idea from another forum. LIST your Top 5 9mm (9x19) pistols in order.

Huckleberry
June 17th, 2010, 08:19 AM
my OP says 9mm Para

FPS, you forgot the <Oh, Snap>:D

Sorry, Bigfoot but it was still a good list for the 9mm family but 38 Super started in the 30s as a manstopper round.

tzoid
June 17th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Wow... Look at the big brains in MD Shooters Forum. :sad20:

Must have a ton of time on your hands :lol2:

mikec
June 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Is this

9x17mm- .380 auto to us
9x18mm Makarov
9mm Glisenti
9mm Federal
9x21mm IMI
9x23mm Steyr
9x23mm Winchester
9mm Mars
9mm Winchester Magnum
9x25mm Dillon
9x25mm Super Auto G

The .38 Super, introduced in the late 1920's. Higher pressure and velocity than the parent round, the .38 ACP. It was used in Mexico a lot because it wasn't a military caliber. Civilians were not allowed to own military caliber handguns.

BOOMSTICK
June 24th, 2010, 03:04 PM
That's odd....

Nobody has listed a G18

Weird huh.:cool:

SCARCQB
June 24th, 2010, 03:52 PM
My list would be exactly the same except Substitute #3 with the Sig X5

I have an X5, it performs really well, but the lack of parts, super-expensive mags puts it low on my list. It is also too pretty and expensive to subject to the customary holster marks, scratches and dings sustained by other pistols. Without those, one can not be proficient in it's use.

If I want to shoot 9mm really fast, a Mac11/9 can be purchased for a couple of hundred bucks more.

BenL
June 25th, 2010, 07:12 AM
That's odd....

Nobody has listed a G18

Weird huh.:cool:

Or the 93R...

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/beretta93r-1.jpg

BenL
June 25th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I have an X5, it performs really well, but the lack of parts, super-expensive mags puts it low on my list. It is also too pretty and expensive to subject to the customary holster marks, scratches and dings sustained by other pistols. Without those, one can not be proficient in it's use.

If I want to shoot 9mm really fast, a Mac11/9 can be purchased for a couple of hundred bucks more.

I thought Mac 11's weren't legal here...

boatbiologist
June 25th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Sig P226 Combat
HK P7

Only have two 9mm as of yet. I would like a Browning Hi Power

You can end your 9mm pistol collection now.

While many are good, especially the 92f and G19, the Sig P226 and HK P7 are the only 2 9mm pistols I still have. If I felt I needed to expand my 9mm collection, I would add a XDM followed by a M&P, but the P226 and P7 cover my requirements in that caliber quite well.

AliasNeo07
June 25th, 2010, 02:08 PM
All of my list I either own or have shot more than once. In order:

1. G17/G19
2. Sig P226
3. S&W M&P 9
4. Beretta 92FS
5. Ruger SR9 (Wouldn't have added it to the list but its the only other full size 9 i've fired. And to its credit it was decent. No malfunctions or anything)

I REALLY want to get my hands on a Walther P99.

mikec
June 25th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I thought Mac 11's weren't legal here...

Maybe as a pistol, but if they are put on NFA paperwork, they are legal.

What you would have to do is buy a semi auto Mac 10, have it shipped to a 07 manufacturer who has their SOT paperwork. ( a gun maker who can make NFA toys) The 07 would convert the Mac 10 to an AOW. Exempt from MD's assault pistol rules. Contact "midcountygunshop" for assistance.

w2kbr
June 26th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Well...I have only one..S&W 439 because it fit me really well.

But the sights are the pits...So I got a custom made mount, and a Dot scope.....

Now to find a reload menu that will allow "in the Black" at 25 yards...

Regards, R

terryhimself
June 26th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I want my PSP back . Sold in a weak momement.

Gaius Baltar
June 26th, 2010, 03:25 PM
glock 19
hi point 995 carbine... hell yeah! accurate, lighweight, and very good accuracy at 100yards.

both can shoot +p ammo... 115-147 jhp or fmj......

Russ D
June 27th, 2010, 07:17 PM

Try telling Apone or KAC that.

Mad Man 2.0
July 2nd, 2010, 04:51 AM
Browning Hi-Power

Glock 17

CZ75

Beretta Px4 Storm

SIG 226

Cold Steel
July 2nd, 2010, 10:23 PM
Okay...here's my list:

1) S&W 5906
2) S&W 659
3) Beretta FS
4) Sig 226
5) Springfield XD

What do I win?

bean93x
July 2nd, 2010, 10:55 PM
glock 17-19

BHP

sig 226

sw 5906

m9 or cz75

Hopalong
July 12th, 2010, 01:21 PM
This is off-topic, but I'm answering a question that got brought up.

Is this

9x17mm .380 auto to us
9x18mm Makarov
9mm Glisenti
9mm Federal
9x21mm IMI
9x23mm Steyr
9x23mm Winchester
9mm Mars
9mm Winchester Magnum
9x25mm Dillon
9x25mm Super Auto G

The .38 Super, introduced in the late 1920's. Higher pressure and velocity than the parent round, the .38 ACP. It was used in Mexico a lot because it wasn't a military caliber. Civilians were not allowed to own military caliber handguns.

The 9mm Makarov, or 9x18M, was the caliber of the standard Eastern Block sidearm for several decades, the Makarov PM. It's a blowback-class round, so it's not as powerful as a 9mm Para, but it packs a bit more punch than .380 Auto.

They're neat little pistols and surprisingly simple and rugged. I just picked up an East German manufactured one, but I'm still waiting for it to clear MSP before I can clean it up and take it shooting. And thankfully there's a seemingly abundant supply of surplus military ammo so they should be cheap to shoot (for a centerfire).

Check out www.makarov.com and/or your standard issue Wikipedia articles for mre details.

smores
July 12th, 2010, 01:47 PM

Tell me about it. I'm getting a German SIG 220 S with the wood grips, adjustable all-black sights, extended slide stop control... I hold on to it, feel the perfect balance and good weight, think about how good it would be in IDPA... but then I remember the price tag... then I think, "it's JUST a gun" but then retort "but such a NICE one..."

What a dilemma... :o

Mega
July 16th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Smith and Wesson M&P9
Sig Sauer P226 Navy

...in no particular order. :)

canuck
July 16th, 2010, 05:11 PM
P7
P9S
BHP
G19

tkmiralles
July 16th, 2010, 11:56 PM
1. SIG 228 West German
2. 92FS
3. SIG 239
4. HI POWER
5. GLOCK 17

High Q
July 17th, 2010, 01:53 PM
1. Sig 226
2. S&W M&P
3. Glock 17
4. Rohrbaugh 9
5. Kahr PM9

NateIU10
July 17th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Glock 17/19
Sig 226
H&K USP
CZ-75
Beretta 92

Eviljagtech
July 22nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Beretta 92FS
Beretta PX4
Beretta 90 Two
Browning High Power
Beretta 92 Elite II

BlackBart
July 22nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Ain't got one no more but had a S&W steel frame 539, good and reliable

Id LOVE to have any nice looking war time P-08 Luger just because and they look so evil they're beautiful.

Rugbier
July 22nd, 2010, 10:19 PM
Kimber PROII
Beretta 92FS/M9
XD/XDM
G19
PPS

leroygibbs
July 22nd, 2010, 10:40 PM
My List for Top 9mm

1. Luger P-08
2. Beretta 951
3. Sig P210
4. BHP
5. CZ-75

And, I'm haunted by not owning a Sig P210.