PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest In CCJA NEW Courses!

Tom Perroni
May 16th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Gauging Interest In CCJA NEW Courses!

MD Shooters,

I have some thoughts on some new and exciting training opportunities that I would like to share with my MD Shooters family in order to gauge response.

PAT ROGERS M4 CARBINE COURSE

Pat Rogers and I met a few weeks back and we discussed having Pat come out and teach a (2) day course at CCJA What are your thoughts?

Tactical Combat Casualty Care Under Fire

As I am sure you are aware I am teaching an EMT course at CCJA several of the students are Current US. Army Special Forces Medics / High Treat Contractor Medics from DynCorp. They have approached me and asked if we could teach a TCCC course with my Medical training staff and some SOF Medics They would like to put on a 2/3 day course and thoughts?

“DDM” Designated Defensive Marksman (Sniper)

I have taught a 2 and 3 day DDM course in the past using US. Marine Corps Scout Sniper Instructors from the School House at Quantico, Myself, Chris and Taylor could put on a course if we had any interest any thoughts?

Force on Force Training

I have been questioned about FOF training in the past I have not really done any civilian courses. Because we use SIMUNITIONS which can be expensive and hearts like heck when you get hit. The cost would be higher because the equipment I use is expensive …..NO PAINTABLL MASKS AND $100 GUNS. We use the Sims kits that replace the slide on our Glocks and the head gear is expensive any Thoughts?

Edged Weapons Training

I have tried in the past to host MERCOP and I am positive he would put on a good course. However my Instructor was Steve Tarani and after speaking with him I am sure I could get him to come out and teach a class. I would also love to host George (MERCOP) any thoughts?

If you have a class you would like to host or class you would like us to run please give us a call @ (540) 322-3000 or ccjatraining@gmail.com

Les Gawlik
May 16th, 2010, 11:26 PM
My group is very interested in the FOF. I think that would be fantastic. I have thought that a course with Simunitions would be excellent training. especially with your instructor cadre. We could put together some of the tactics we have practiced against steel with real objectives, and then have our actions critiqued by people who really knew what they were doing.

We are also interested in the sniper course. When I couldn't hit anything at 150 yards for the quals you were doing, I thought it was time to get some instruction.

I am interested in the TCCC course. I need some EMT courses.

The edged weapons looks good, too. I am not familiar with Pat Rogers, but I'm sure he's a great teacher.

Heck, just sign us up for all of 'em.

JeepDriver
May 17th, 2010, 06:25 AM
The Pat Rogers class would be of interest.

Anymore info on the DDM class?

kac
May 17th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Well, let's see, and assuming money didn't run out.

Pat Rogers-a definite.

TCCC-a probable.

DDM-a maybe

Force on Force- a definite, and my guess is you wouldn't have enough slots for the interest

Edged Weapons-a definite

DZ
May 17th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Rogers and Perroni course: What level of instruction?

vette97
May 17th, 2010, 07:22 AM
I'm a definite for the DDM Sniper course, depending on the date. But, I'd try to push other things off to take this course (as long as it's not during my July vacation - hiking in MT).

Regarding the others. I saw some Pat Rogers' AARs out there and wonder what the benefits of this course would be over the Perroni Tac Carbine I/II courses. I'm an ex-EMT so the Casualty Care class might be redundant for me, depending on the syllabus (need more info). I live closer to MERCOP so might take his edged weapons class up here instead. Not sure I'd be up for the FOF.

jac43k
May 17th, 2010, 09:07 AM
DDM” Designated Defensive Marksman (Sniper)

I think this would be a great class, not that I'm looking be a sniper. A class I would enjoy.

Edged Weapons Training and yes

Patrick
May 17th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Rogers/Perroni M4 Class sounds like a win to me.

The edged weapons class sounds good, too.

DDM maybe.

Calengor
May 17th, 2010, 11:10 AM
A Pat Rogers' class would be sweet.

glock_forty5
May 17th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Tom,

Below in order of my priority.

Force on Force Training

DDM Designated Defensive Marksman (Sniper)

Edged Weapons Training

JT

tundramuscle03
May 17th, 2010, 04:46 PM
I'd be interested in the DDM class

azmd
May 17th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I would be interested in all of the classes in order of trauma care, A4 Carbine, Sniper, knife, and finally force on force (cost being the deciding factor on this one.)

Luxor
May 17th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Tom,

Below in order of my priority.

Force on Force Training

DDM Designated Defensive Marksman (Sniper)

Edged Weapons Training

JT

JT Want's the moose cock award. Ha Ha

glock_forty5
May 17th, 2010, 08:19 PM
JT Want's the moose cock award. Ha Ha

Le' Dang, you busted me jack!!!

http://new.assets.thequietus.com/images/articles/2059/bubba_hotep_1246880829_crop_450x304.jpg

BigSpoon
May 17th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I would like to do the Designated Defensive Marksman (DDM) course.

Riverine
May 28th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Pat Rogers is a no-brainer. Not only yeah, but hell yeah!

DM class, if I could get my hands on a SPR or similarly applicable platform.

JeepDriver
May 29th, 2010, 09:23 AM
DM class, if I could get my hands on a SPR or similarly applicable platform.

The DDM class I would like to take would be focused on the 5.56mm AR platform. Even a class focused on a SDM roll would be of interest. Not as interested in a bolt gun class.

Les Gawlik
May 29th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I'd love to see some tentative dates so I can start planning.

ampdog
June 2nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
Definately on the DDM!

Maybe on the FOF

snavematt
June 2nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
All of them

The DDM would be great as long as I can use my DDM SPS700 in 223 for it, so less than 700 yds.

I still need to get into you HG1 and Carbine 1 classes

mdjamesd
June 2nd, 2010, 02:31 PM
Do you have anymore info on the DDM course? Very interested.

DrRichard
June 9th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Tom,

I would be interested in the designated marksman class and the edged weapons class if it covers tomahawks and swords...

Richard