PDA

View Full Version : CCJA (2) Day Tactical Handgun Course February 20-21, 2010

Tom Perroni
February 15th, 2010, 08:12 PM
CCJA (2) Day Tactical Handgun Course February 20-21, 2010

*****SCHEDULE CHANGE*********

The below referenced courses can be taken together or separately!

CCJA will be offering (2) days of Handgun training:

Day 1

February 20, 2010 starting @ 9am This course will focus on building a solid foundation of the proper shooting fundamentals and build solid firearms handling skills.

HANDGUN 1

This course is designed to develop safe weapon handling skills. The student will learn the basic fundamentals of shooting and how to safely draw their handgun out of the holster.

Prerequisites: None

Cost: $200.00

Topics:

Safety 4 Firearms Safety Rules
7 Fundamentals of Marksmanship Focusing on Front Sight & Trigger Control
Malfunctions Type I, Type II, Type III
Draw (5 steps)

Ammunition Requirements: 300 rounds
Gear: Pistol, holster, three magazines, magazine holders, belt, wraparound eye protection, ear protection, Baseball Cap, weapons cleaning kit, clothing appropriate for climate and conditions.

CCJA will be offering (2) days of Handgun training:

Day 2

February 21, 2010 starting @ 9am This course will focus on the use of the handgun in a combat/tactical environment. The course will start where you left off in Handgun 1.

HANDGUN 2

This course is designed to develop skills for the student who uses his/her handgun as a primary firearm in a tactical environment. The course will start where you left off in Handgun 1. You will soon advance to skills that will reduce your reaction time, allow you to shoot faster with higher degree of accuracy, and increase your confidence with your handgun.

Prerequisites: Handgun 1 or equivalent course

Cost: $200.00

Topics:

Safety and handling
Combat Mindset
Gear placement
7 Fundamentals of Marksmanship Focusing on Front Sight & Trigger Control
Recoil management Proper Stance & Grip
Drawing and firing techniques
Reloads and Malfunctions
Multiple targets
Firing positions and barricades
Shooting on the move
Shooting positions
Strong hand only shooting
Support hand only shooting
Low light shooting techniques

Ammunition Requirements: 300 rounds
Gear: Pistol, holster, three magazines, magazine holders, belt, wraparound eye protection, ear protection, Baseball Cap, weapons cleaning kit, clothing appropriate for climate and conditions.

The Classroom portion of the class will be held @ 1380 Central Park Blvd Suite 208 Fredericksburg, Va. 22401. 9:00am. For more information or to register for this course contact Tom Perroni:

www.ccjatraining.com

ccjatrainig@gmail.com (540) 322-3000

COURSE AAR's:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...m-perroni.html

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=22447

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=34457

kac
February 15th, 2010, 11:40 PM
And boy am I looking forward to Part II.

glock_forty5
February 16th, 2010, 11:01 AM
See you Saturday!

JT

boothdoc
February 17th, 2010, 08:29 AM
I just talked with Tom. Everything is a go for this weekend. See everyone Saturday I am really looking forward.to getting some training in.

StrikeFace
February 19th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Since nobody else has asked, I'll be That Guy (TM):

How is the road in / parking area? Are those of us that don't push 4x4s gonna need tow straps and a buddy? I've got a FWD roller skate, myself.

jmira
February 19th, 2010, 06:31 PM
anyone talk to Tom know if there is room for walk in registration tomorrow? sat class only for me.

kac
February 19th, 2010, 06:59 PM
anyone talk to Tom know if there is room for walk in registration tomorrow? sat class only for me.

I'm willing to go out on a limb, and say, considering the conditions and everything, that Tom would be happy to see you.

You'll be shooting with some great guys on Saturday!

jmira
February 19th, 2010, 07:06 PM
yea I saw who posted on the thread, and recognize the names from the MDShooters carbine1 class.. thinking about the AM drive.. I live in VA now so I can just take my every day bag instead of 'packing' for class..

glock_forty5
February 19th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Since nobody else has asked, I'll be That Guy (TM):

How is the road in / parking area? Are those of us that don't push 4x4s gonna need tow straps and a buddy? I've got a FWD roller skate, myself.

I am going to hitch a ride with someone who has off road capabilities to the range. It will keep the convoy to the range down by one car too.

JT

JeepDriver
February 19th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Have fun this weekend.

Looking foward to getting down to CCJA sometime this spring

Tom Perroni
February 19th, 2010, 07:57 PM
yea I saw who posted on the thread, and recognize the names from the MDShooters carbine1 class.. thinking about the AM drive.. I live in VA now so I can just take my every day bag instead of 'packing' for class..

Come on down and play in the snow!

Tom

Man medic class was LOOOONG today 8:00pm and going home!

jmira
February 20th, 2010, 08:40 AM
woke up pretty late, will have to make next one..

StrikeFace
February 20th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I am going to hitch a ride with someone who has off road capabilities to the range. It will keep the convoy to the range down by one car too.

Hopefully I can find a kind stranger with a similar vehicle. KChen and I are rolling non-tactical vehicles. I really need to buy a beater truck for range days.

Would someone who did Tactical Handgun I today lemme know how the farm road and the top-of-the-hill parking area are looking? I'd appreciate the recon.

Anyway, I hope Tom is kicking your soft civvie asses today. See you gentlemen tomorrow for Part Deux!

kac
February 20th, 2010, 03:08 PM
PM sent to StrikeFace.

StrikeFace
February 20th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks, KAC. I appreciate the help. Look forward to training with you suckas tomorrow.

boothdoc
February 20th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I am really disapointed.:mad54: I spent all night and day with a fever and being sick. after sleepong all day i do feel better but I missed the pistol 1 class. I guess I will be waiting for the next one, bummer.

Enjoy guys and let me know how it was!!!!!

boothdoc
February 21st, 2010, 03:54 PM
Well Guys?

I am itching to know how the class was. I am really disapointed I wasn't able to attend.. This class was exactly what I really needed also!!!!!!!!!!!1