PDA

View Full Version : NEW REMINGTON ACR RIFLE - BETTER THAN THE M4?

Tom Perroni
January 15th, 2010, 11:02 PM
NEW REMINGTON ACR RIFLE - BETTER THAN THE M4?

MD Shooters,

Got this info from a friend…

I've heard mixed reviews from guys who have tested the SCAR-- from the feel of the butt stock to the problematic reciprocating bolt. In the civilian market, FN has been slower than molasses bringing these rifles to market. Not as bad as HK bringing a civilian 416 to the shelves, but you get the picture. As you know, Magpul has been one of the most forward thinking companies in the firearms industry in recent years. The Masada was pure genius and sparked the imagination of shooters across the globe when it debuted at Shot Show several years ago. Then, Bushmaster bought the gun and renamed it the ACR. It was notably absent during last year's Shot Show in Orlando, but we expect a huge showing later this month in Las Vegas. Now, Remington is extremely well positioned in both the civilian and military marketplace with its new Military Products Division (MPD) and recent acquisition of the best silencer manufacturer on the planet: Advanced Armament Corp. To celebrate this achievement, they're releasing a new music compilation "Now, That's What I Call Synergy: Volume I."

Seriously, with economies of scale at play, there's nothing to hold back Remington. They've got the infrastructure to mass produce the ACR and give Advanced Armament the tools they need to grow exponentially. With the ACR and the robust product line of AAC, Remmy is in the perfect position to service the growing needs of the military and law enforcement communities as well as appease the civilian sector with high quality gear at competitive price points. It's going to be an exciting year, my friends! Stay tuned for more updates. We'll be adding pricing and ETAs on the ACR as soon as we get more intel during Shot Show. .

And to get your blood pumping, here's a new video that just leaked on YouTube-- supposedly the promo video that Remington is going to use at Shot Show later this month.

dLy3xABAsEc.

mcsurgeon
January 16th, 2010, 12:52 AM
THAT'S AWESOME!!!

ripper157
January 16th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I want!

RobMoore
January 16th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Now, apart from the scale of the companies, the real question is: Is the ACR better than the currently produced Robinson Arms XCR?

Either way, I think it is great that the AR improvement platforms are getting left-side non-reciprocating charging handles forward of the bolt, and bolt releases capable of being manipulated with the right hand.

Papi4baby
January 16th, 2010, 02:50 AM
FYI Rob Arms is suing Remington Magpul RRA over some patent stuff they hold on the ambidestrious controls for the weapons.

Tractor Boy
January 17th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Now, apart from the scale of the companies, the real question is: Is the ACR better than the currently produced Robinson Arms XCR?

Either way, I think it is great that the AR improvement platforms are getting left-side non-reciprocating charging handles forward of the bolt, and bolt releases capable of being manipulated with the right hand.

its too bad I dont have a full function machine shop and an 07 license...... I could be a billionaire, that was all my ideas, glad to see it may be my next military service weapon

Tom Perroni
January 23rd, 2010, 11:47 PM
Check this out!

Tom

Oldcarjunkie
January 23rd, 2010, 11:59 PM
I guess it would be interesting to see pricing when it comes out.

If my info is right Magpul was due to sell it for approx 1500ish before Shrubmaster bought it and added a grand to the price tag.:mad54:

glock_forty5
January 24th, 2010, 07:54 AM
I guess it would be interesting to see pricing when it comes out.

If my info is right Magpul was due to sell it for approx 1500ish before Shrubmaster bought it and added a grand to the price tag.:mad54:

I am as disapointed as you are however, I do not understand the Bushmaster (BM) bashing for the price. BM never said it was going to be $1500, Magpu did. Why do you think they partnered with BM? Because they could not ramp up for manufacturing at scale. Can you imagine the cost if MP bought a factory equiped and staffed they way they needed to produce the ACR? Way more than 3K.

The big issue was MP stating a low msrp and getting everyone's hopes up, mine included. MP always delivered before so they will again was my thinking. I wanted to believe it but deep down I knew it was too good to be true.

I think they priced the rifle corrected and everyone has their pantys in a bunch because we want it, but only for 1500 dollars. After all, the ACR is price similar to a Noveske or LWRC neither of wich are ground breaking new ideas.

If it was not for BM and its parent company Cerebus, we may have never seen the rifle.

JT

Oldcarjunkie
January 24th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I am as disapointed as you are however, I do not understand the Bushmaster (BM) bashing for the price. BM never said it was going to be $1500, Magpu did. Why do you think they partnered with BM? Because they could not ramp up for manufacturing at scale. Can you imagine the cost if MP bought a factory equiped and staffed they way they needed to produce the ACR? Way more than 3K.

The big issue was MP stating a low msrp and getting everyone's hopes up, mine included. MP always delivered before so they will again was my thinking. I wanted to believe it but deep down I knew it was too good to be true.

I think they priced the rifle corrected and everyone has their pantys in a bunch because we want it, but only for 1500 dollars. After all, the ACR is price similar to a Noveske or LWRC neither of wich are ground breaking new ideas.

If it was not for BM and its parent company Cerebus, we may have never seen the rifle.

JT

Sorry i disagree, while i know Magpul said it would be and Bushmaster didnt, i dont see it jumping 1000 dollars Per rifle in production. Who says Magpul stated at a Low Msrp? Did you read somewhere where Magpul stated that or Is this just speculation because when it came out and bushmaster tacked on 1000 thats all we can guess? Magpul seems to be a well thought out company and I would believe that they knew the approximate cost to build the rifle, and were very close with their Msrp. On top of that Magpul is Producing approx 60-70% of the gun for Bushmaster. After Bushmaster picked up the weapon and it became named the ACR, BM then put off the production of the civi units while marketing to the gov/law enforcement. Not a surprise that it now has a much larger Msrp in my opinion.

I also disagree that it May never have been picked up by another company. Someone would have picked this up.

Also, this is posted 2008 when bushmaster had already worked out the deal to make them. Nick works for Magpul.

02-26-2008, 01:08 AM
NickB Offline
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslorob View Post
Does anyone have a clue what pricing is going to be on these?
Target is $1400-$1600, but nothing is final yet. Bushmaster will release a price closer to the release date.

And while i know he says Nothing is final yet, of course he must put that as a CYA.
I just dont believe it cost 1000 more per rifle for a already established Manuf to create 30-40% of the gun.:sad20:

glock_forty5
January 24th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Sorry i disagree, while i know Magpul said it would be and Bushmaster didnt, i dont see it jumping 1000 dollars Per rifle in production. Who says Magpul stated at a Low Msrp? Did you read somewhere where Magpul stated that or Is this just speculation because when it came out and bushmaster tacked on 1000 thats all we can guess? Magpul seems to be a well thought out company and I would believe that they knew the approximate cost to build the rifle, and were very close with their Msrp. On top of that Magpul is Producing approx 60-70% of the gun for Bushmaster. After Bushmaster picked up the weapon and it became named the ACR, BM then put off the production of the civi units while marketing to the gov/law enforcement. Not a surprise that it now has a much larger Msrp in my opinion.

I also disagree that it May never have been picked up by another company. Someone would have picked this up.

Also, this is posted 2008 when bushmaster had already worked out the deal to make them. Nick works for Magpul.

02-26-2008, 01:08 AM
NickB Offline
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslorob View Post
Does anyone have a clue what pricing is going to be on these?
Target is $1400-$1600, but nothing is final yet. Bushmaster will release a price closer to the release date.

And while i know he says Nothing is final yet, of course he must put that as a CYA.
I just dont believe it cost 1000 more per rifle for a already established Manuf to create 30-40% of the gun.:sad20:

Your opinion is like a lot of others and I understand it. You want someone to blame so you blame BM. Got it.

JT

Oldcarjunkie
January 24th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Your opinion is like a lot of others and I understand it. You want someone to blame so you blame BM. Got it.

JT

Thanks for understanding, Btw nice cop out.

rondon600
January 24th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Hitlers response:

BB0Pu-rvFjs

trbon8r
January 24th, 2010, 01:17 PM
If I had the kind of money Bushmaster wants for the ACR, I'd pick up an FN SCAR instead. At least the SCAR has gone through testing by the military, where the ACR is an unknown quantity.

Given my last experience with a Bushmaster product, there is no way in hell I'd give them 2.5 to 3k for a rifle, when they couldn't even manufacture a decent AR upper that wasn't a crudely machined jammomatic.

glock_forty5
January 24th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks for understanding, Btw nice cop out.

;)

a81lp
January 24th, 2010, 02:26 PM
If I had the kind of money Bushmaster wants for the ACR, I'd pick up an FN SCAR instead. At least the SCAR has gone through testing by the military, where the ACR is an unknown quantity.

+1

Kevp
January 24th, 2010, 03:01 PM

Given my last experience with a Bushmaster product, there is no way in hell I'd give them 2.5 to 3k for a rifle, when they couldn't even manufacture a decent AR upper that wasn't a crudely machined jammomatic.

Another +1. It amazes me that people line up to defend and sing the praises of a rifle that has not proven itself one iota in the field- COD 4 being the exception. Not only that, they defend a price that comes close to and/or exceeds the price of some of the finest custom rifles (granted they are not assault rifles) built in this Country. As for BM, they were at one time a decent company, but that time is long past. All that and a 1 in 9 Bushy barrel- what a deal! I think there are price thresholds for firearms. The upper end threshold for a 5.56/.223 assault rifle is right around the $2300 range and that is for a very small percentage of the folks that buy them. There will always be collectors and those with lots of $ that will pay even more, but that is not a good business plan.

aquaman
January 25th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Another +1. It amazes me that people line up to defend and sing the praises of a rifle that has not proven itself one iota in the field- COD 4 being the exception. Not only that, they defend a price that comes close to and/or exceeds the price of some of the finest custom rifles (granted they are not assault rifles) built in this Country. As for BM, they were at one time a decent company, but that time is long past. All that and a 1 in 9 Bushy barrel- what a deal! I think there are price thresholds for firearms. The upper end threshold for a 5.56/.223 assault rifle is right around the $2300 range and that is for a very small percentage of the folks that buy them. There will always be collectors and those with lots of $ that will pay even more, but that is not a good business plan.

The ACR was not in COD 4;)

Tom Perroni
January 26th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Words at SHOT show is the retail price for the ACR will be starting around $2300, guns will be available in March.:innocent0

That price tag would still be high for a new unproven design. :sad20:

Personally I can live with the 1/9 twist, but no chrome lining is a no go for me. I guess we will wait and see when they actually start leaving the factory.

Funny story….4/5 years ago I bought a (4) head VCR for $300.00..I went to Walmart (The Tactical Super Store) yesterday and bought a (4) Head VCR/ DVD combo for $69.00 …Do you get my point supply and demand.

If every jerk off in the world goes out and buys one at that price well you know the rest..;)

Rant Over!

Viper OUT!

Do No Harm…Do Know Harm!

Tractor Boy
January 26th, 2010, 08:49 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

New toys come down in price, old toys go up in price.......... this is why I'm not too quick jumping on the AR wagon.... that and they really dont impress me, this will probably be the same, too spacey looking for my taste, and I will surely get issued one anyway

StrikeFace
January 29th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah, this is about as impressive as the RobArms M96.

*barf*