PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 / .223 caliber rifle Flash Enhancers

keepshooting
January 8th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Hey Guys,

We had a few thousand AR-15 / .223 caliber rifle "Flash Enhancers" made up last year. If your not familiar with what a flash enhancer does, google it, you'll see it enhances the muzzle flash on your gun to a huge fireball along with increasing the sound by a few decibels.

The history on these is they were originally made by a company called CSG, who seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. A few other manufacturers decided to resurrect them, and you see them being sold for anywhere from $100-$250.

Well we had these produced by our main OEM partner and can offer them for MDshooters at a group buy price. While the higher priced models may be a bit more refined, look a bit nicer (milled), ours will perform the exact same as the original CSG that it was patterned from.

We have been selling these on our website for $39.95 which is a huge savings already. If there is enough interest we could get them down to the $25+tax range for MDshooters. These would be a great item for the upcoming shoot!

I don't want to link to anyone elses videos or images, so google to see what the live fire results with these look like. Here is what our unit looks like however:

http://www.keepshooting.com/productimages/firearmaccessories/add-ons/flash-enhancer-for-guns-m16-ar15-223-muzzle-m.jpg

Close up:

http://www.keepshooting.com/productimages/firearmaccessories/add-ons/flash-enhancer-for-guns-m16-ar15-223-muzzle-b.jpg

JSW
January 8th, 2010, 09:12 PM
down loaded from a manuf.site-------enjoy

haoleboy
January 8th, 2010, 09:21 PM
The guy next to you at the shooting range is gonna love you! :innocent0

rrrrrrkevin
January 8th, 2010, 09:21 PM
if they make it louder then do they default the other ones into suppressors therefore making them illegal without a tax stamp?:D joke

that looks pretty neat I would like to see like 15 of them next to eachother unloading a few mags each

Diesel Kinevel
January 8th, 2010, 09:52 PM
WANT

-Z

smokey0118
January 8th, 2010, 09:56 PM
they have any effect reducign muzzle climb or recoil? if they act like a compensator i could see the value...but for fireballs i just use the mosin

smokey0118
January 8th, 2010, 09:57 PM
38OOl46SLHg

TheSwiftOne
January 8th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I wonder how well that would work at Hap Baker. For those who don't know, each position has a wooden box you're firing through.

keepshooting
January 9th, 2010, 04:03 PM
they have any effect reducign muzzle climb or recoil? if they act like a compensator i could see the value...but for fireballs i just use the mosin

Absolutely these are probably the most effective muzzle brakes you will find as well as spitting out an enormous fireball and concussion blast.

Sgt6402
January 9th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Do you make them for the AK47 ? :innocent0

honda53s
January 9th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I will take one for $25

boatbod
January 10th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Don't forget to wear a Nomex glove on your support hand.:crazy:

crfakm4
January 11th, 2010, 12:20 AM
We would have to organize another night shoot just to justify these..

WSM
January 11th, 2010, 02:00 AM
these do not look the least bit fun or functional lol

X-Factor
January 11th, 2010, 03:44 AM
these do not look the least bit fun or functional lol

I agree. Novelty? Sure. Functional purpose? Nope.

AlbanianSKS
January 11th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Do you make them for the AK47 ? :innocent0

+1. Need to make one for the AK series.

AlbanianSKS
January 11th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Mmmmm....Put one on a Mosin carbine.:innocent0

smokey0118
January 11th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Mmmmm....Put one on a Mosin carbine.:innocent0

haha NOOWWWW ure thinkin! a big flash ball and louder concussion seem to be the exact opposite of what you'd functionally want in a gun...but since a mosin's already stupid loud with a big fireball, why not make it all that it can be? now how much to thread a mosin barrel?

alucard0822
January 11th, 2010, 02:22 PM
haha NOOWWWW ure thinkin! a big flash ball and louder concussion seem to be the exact opposite of what you'd functionally want in a gun...but since a mosin's already stupid loud with a big fireball, why not make it all that it can be? now how much to thread a mosin barrel?

I wonder if you could machine the ports differently to produce a certain pattern like fireworks. Maybe a star for a Norinco SKS, hammer and sickle in a mosin, iron cross for a mauser, perhaps a heart shaped fireball in a pink AR for the ladies.

Todd v.
January 11th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I wonder if you could machine the ports differently to produce a certain pattern like fireworks. Maybe a star for a Norinco SKS, hammer and sickle in a mosin, iron cross for a mauser, perhaps a heart shaped fireball in a pink AR for the ladies.

Maybe one that spells out my name in a big fireball? :D

smokey0118
January 11th, 2010, 06:07 PM

right...for the ladies...:innocent0

rrrrrrkevin
January 11th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I saw that in a movie once, where everyone was ninjas and they had the Beretta 93's with the long ass barrels and the magazine with the huge ball on the bottom

rrrrrrkevin
January 11th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I dont remember what it was called but the ninja guys were called "clerics" and nobody could have emotions or they killed em

alucard0822
January 11th, 2010, 07:06 PM
I dont remember what it was called but the ninja guys were called "clerics" and nobody could have emotions or they killed em

http://www.tradebit.com/usr/knifer/pub/9002/4535032_Soraya_Recio1.jpg

awesome movie:thumbsup:

rrrrrrkevin
January 11th, 2010, 07:51 PM
thats it, if you pause frame youll see that the flash of theyre machine pistols is shaped like theyre emblem

CKOD
January 12th, 2010, 07:33 AM
thats it, if you pause frame youll see that the flash of theyre machine pistols is shaped like theyre emblem

subtle feature that not many caught. I didnt the first time I watched it.

alucard0822
January 12th, 2010, 02:55 PM
subtle feature that not many caught. I didnt the first time I watched it.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/0/0a/Equilibriumflash.jpg/600px-Equilibriumflash.jpg

ezeerider
August 21st, 2010, 10:30 AM
Do you still have any of these flash enhancers in stock?
Do you make them for AK's as well as AR's?

BigCity
August 21st, 2010, 01:47 PM
Brian,

I'm guessing that if my AR is pinned I'm SOL

SCARCQB
August 21st, 2010, 01:53 PM
I'm going to have to me one of those things to use on an 7.5" AR SBR. I could use the Tan.

Tconfo
August 21st, 2010, 02:12 PM
Watch your eyebrows on that setup scar