PDA

View Full Version : Carbine Training in 2010 ?

JeepDriver
November 27th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Do you have a schedule for carbine training in 2010 yet ?

Looking for a class in early 2010, hopefully January.

ateixeira
November 27th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Hoo yaa!!! Some cold weather training, bring it!

JeepDriver
November 28th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Hoo yaa!!! Some cold weather training, bring it!

That's one part of why I want to get down there this winter, the other is my sisters boyfirend wants to learn more about his AR and wants to do some training. As soon as he said that I was ready to get back down to Tom's for another class.

BRONZ
November 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
also interested.

snavematt
November 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM
guess I'll freeze with you

glock_forty5
November 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM
What the heck, I am in. I will have a couple of new guys in tow (got to keep tom supplied with a freash crop of students!).

JT

JeepDriver
November 28th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Damn, looks like we can get another MDS class at CCJA, now to get a date from Tom!

I just hope it doesn't snow that week!

boothdoc
November 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I am game. let get another class going.:thumbsup:

glock_forty5
November 28th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Are we talking about the basic course or another advanced course? I have a couple of new guys that want to take a class so I was thinking a revisit of the basic course.

JT

snavematt
November 28th, 2009, 08:37 PM
I want to start with the basic with Tom, go in order of his training, so I guess I should do the handgun first?

boothdoc
November 28th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I would be up for both basic Carbine and handgun class.

kac
November 28th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Are we talking about the basic course or another advanced course? I have a couple of new guys that want to take a class so I was thinking a revisit of the basic course.

JT

As they say on arfcom, get both! I would love my wife and kids to take the basics, and I would join them. We MdShooters guys could then do another advanced type course.

glock_forty5
November 28th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I want to start with the basic with Tom, go in order of his training, so I guess I should do the handgun first?

That is a good idea if you are not comfortable with drawing your sidearm from a holster. I also want to take his handgun course, I got more IPSC gaming to exercise from my competition infected brain. :D

ateixeira
November 29th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I personally would like to do some more advanced work with the more seasoned bunch here. But the fact that we would be training in near freezing or freezing temperatures would be an added difficulty to any level of class. Something to consider when committing others that might not be comfortable handling firearms. Not to mention in that type of environment where the mind and body will not work the same. Proper gear would be essential.

JMTC

JeepDriver
November 29th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I'm looking for a basic class. The shooting I'm going to bring has the basics of firearms safety, but this would be his fire time shooting and moving. He's semi new to AR's, he's ran 1000 rds through his, but from the sounds of it, all on a square range.

glock_forty5
November 29th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Attention! Tom is still hammering out his 2010 schedule. Lots of changes in store including a new website. Tom will post the schedule soon.

JT (Shotgun AAR coming soon)

ATEIXEIRA - Tom is going to have carbine classes 1, 2, 3, and maybe 4 soon. I too want to do some more advanced work but I have commited to some new shooters that I would take the course with them and I got to keep my word. You are right and weather is a factor but they got to learn sometime! :D

snavematt
November 29th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Im comfortable with my AR and tactical situations and drills, really rusty since I havent had combat training in a while

ateixeira
November 30th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Attention! Tom is still hammering out his 2010 schedule. Lots of changes in store including a new website. Tom will post the schedule soon.

JT (Shotgun AAR coming soon)

ATEIXEIRA - Tom is going to have carbine classes 1, 2, 3, and maybe 4 soon. I too want to do some more advanced work but I have commited to some new shooters that I would take the course with them and I got to keep my word. You are right and weather is a factor but they got to learn sometime! :D

Roger that! :thumbsup:

Les Gawlik
November 30th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Tom, you have three more here for carbine and/or handgun.

RipkinC
December 2nd, 2009, 01:20 PM
I need to keep up with this stuff again :) I am totaly game for another MDShooters class, I want to actually participate, unlike last time where it was an "afterthought"
Maybe we can even get mdjamesd down to the course and I have a few other budies who keep "stalking" the site here but are lame and havent posted etc yet. they both have ARs etc and love my stories from the classes

ShiNNinG
December 2nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
Also interested in both basic pistol and carbine. Might have another off-range noob interested as well.