PDA

View Full Version : traveling to the Silencer Shoot?

boatbiologist
September 15th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Is anyone going to the silencer shoot in Georgia this weekend?

http://www.advanced-armament.com/silencershoot/index.aspx

I was planning on driving down on Friday and making the shoot on Saturday but my weekend plans just shifted into limbo. Probably wont know until Friday morning if I am free for Saturday. Bringing an AR 9mm integral. Want to see how bad I need an integral bolt rifle like a Delisle or M-44.

Wondering if anyone else was heading down and what toys you were bringing.

Check out the stuff they are raffling off for Wounded Warrior Project. Plan on comming back with the Remington ACR from the slient auction... as long as it doesn't go for more than $2000 :rofl:

Fallschirmjaager
September 18th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I wish I could go, I'd planned on it but we just went to six day weeks at work. My one suppressor is still pending a Form 3 to my dealer so I would have only brought platforms anyway and done some shopping.

Jaybeez
September 18th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Dont you need to fill out some form to travel across state lines with nfa stuff?

Spot77
September 18th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Hmmm....I hadn't heard about this.

:rofl:

Kharn
September 18th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Dont you need to fill out some form to travel across state lines with nfa stuff?You are required to file a 5320.20 for anything except suppressors (and AOWs?), which can be filed for a max of one year.
The ATF will approve .20s for suppressors and suggests you get them so that there is no confusion with local law enforcement about their legality.

boatbiologist
September 21st, 2009, 06:40 PM
I missed it for the funeral. Was able to transfer hotel reservations made on points to PA hotel so no real loss other than saving tons of money on new suppressors I would have had to buy.

netsurferdude2
September 21st, 2009, 06:42 PM
Hmmm....I hadn't heard about this.

:rofl:

Wow, that was bad. :sad20:

I heard about this a month or so ago, how did it go?

mayor_quimby
September 22nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
I will need 3 of these :

http://www.advanced-armament.com/silencershoot/simpleviewer/images/silencershoot_08_23.jpg

boatbiologist
September 22nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
I will need 3 of these :

where will you wear the other 2?

mayor_quimby
September 22nd, 2009, 02:42 PM
where will you wear the other 2?

good question..... i think mag changes would work quicker if i just swapped helmets ...well that and im sure my friends would want to try them on