PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shop near Ocean City

fivepointstar
June 10th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Going to the beach this weekend.....can anyone provide the names and address of gun stores and pawn shops in the OC, Berlin and S DE area? Window shopping only...no extra cash this summer

Thanks

AKbythebay
June 11th, 2009, 07:49 AM
If you're interested in long guns check out Gander Mtn. on Rt 13 just across from the Salisbury Mall. The guns are out on racks so you can handle them without getting an employee involved. Nice system.

BTW, I'm going down there too. Are you aware of the air show in OC this weekend? It's going to be amazing. Thunderbirds are there.

fivepointstar
June 11th, 2009, 07:58 AM
If you're interested in long guns check out Gander Mtn. on Rt 13 just across from the Salisbury Mall. The guns are out on racks so you can handle them without getting an employee involved. Nice system.

BTW, I'm going down there too. Are you aware of the air show in OC this weekend? It's going to be amazing. Thunderbirds are there.

When i the airshow??? I'm assuming its at the airport

AKbythebay
June 11th, 2009, 08:18 AM
No, it's right over the ocean. All along the boardwalk (inlet to about 28th St). goes from 12-4. they will have an open house at the airport and all the planes will be there when not in the air. gonna be great, but gonna be crowded. i figure i'll try to get on the beach maybe around 40th so I can hopefully find parking. should be close enough to see the important stuff

fivepointstar
June 11th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Sat or Sun. My daughter has a softball game on Sat AM so we leave after that.

AKbythebay
June 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Sat AND Sun! I think I'm doing Sunday. Traffic coming back is going to SUCK on sunday though

SMPress
June 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Glad I am not going up there till Monday! Would be nice to see the show, but I have no interest in driving in the weekend traffic!

AKbythebay
June 11th, 2009, 08:39 AM
http://www.ocairshow.com/

zoostation
June 11th, 2009, 08:43 AM
There's a small one up a little ways off 13 that is really cool. Stuffed with all kinds of milsurp stuff including mags and ammo, some EBR's, and fairly good prices. A Russian(?) gentleman is the proprietor and he is very nice as well. The name is escaping me right now, maybe one of our E. Shore friends can help me out.

Titanmax
June 11th, 2009, 08:45 AM
The air show should be great. I'll be there on Saturday. Back to your original question. Try Manchester Shooters Supplies (10726 Bishop Street, Bishopville, MD 410-352-0007) It's near the boarder of MD and DE off of 113, about 10 minutes from OC.

fivepointstar
June 11th, 2009, 08:48 AM
We drive through DE (13/113) on the way to OC. our Condo is in the Pines. THANKS!!

Jaybeez
June 11th, 2009, 09:06 AM
big brad? is down that way a little past salisbury. He doesn't stock much if anything, but he usually has a dozen or so consignments. Remember this is rifle country, you might find something used.

Jaybeez
June 11th, 2009, 09:10 AM
there is a military surplus shop right over the line in delaware, if you head north from salzberry. ~ forget what they are called, but they have a website, so google it up.

Fustercluck
June 11th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Steele's gun shop is just east of Georgetown on Rte 9 in Harbeson. The place is worth a look. Lot's of interesting used guns, gun supplies and ammo. Some new guns as well. It has the look and feel of a right wing gun nut SHTF bunker. Wall to wall crap, with some gems hidden in the dust.
OC has no good gun shops. Big Brad is in Parsonburg, just east of Salisbury. As stated above, his stock is low.
a 30 minute drive will take you to Princess Anne, where Gary and CArol Wink have their store (right off 13, next to McD's). They consistently have the best selection of EBR's, BR, and hunting long arms. Not much pistol stuff. Great reloading inventory, and great optics (he is the NIghtforce dealer).

novus collectus
June 11th, 2009, 09:15 AM
When you are in there, mention MDShooters.

fivepointstar
June 11th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks...if you can provide address so i can punch in to my GPS. I don't know the area that would rule

Titanmax
June 11th, 2009, 09:34 AM
The military surplus shop is called Military Exchange. Also +1 on Wink's in Princess Anne.

Military Exchange
38660 Sussex Hwy # 8, Delmar, DE 19940
(302) 846-3161

Winks Sporting Goods
12122 Carole Ln # A, Princess Anne, MD 21853
(410) 621-0400

Titanmax
June 11th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Steele's Gun Shop
18701 Coastal Hwy, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
(302) 684-5198

Titanmax
June 11th, 2009, 09:39 AM
The military surplus shop does not carry any guns. Some gun supplies, like holsters and such. They do carry a lot of clothing and a few ammo cans.

Fustercluck
June 11th, 2009, 10:22 AM
The gun store I was referring to in Harbeson/Lewes I think is called Steele's. Whatever the name is, it is located at:
28815 Lewes Georgetown Hwy, Lewes, DE‎ - (302) 684-5198‎
I was in there two weeks ago. Not sure about the adress given above for Steele's in Rehoboth. 18701 Coastal highway is baseball throwing distance from my Rehoboth office, but I have never been able to find a gun store at that location. Either Steele's moved to the address I noted above, or it is Google errateria.
When u are driving on 113 thru Georgetown, just turn left on route 9, which will take you through the town square and from there up towards Lewes. Steele's will be on your left (west/North side) of road after you leave Harbeson. 10 minute detour from your planned route to OPines.

Titanmax
June 11th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Fustercluck,

It looks like you're correct. There is two listings for Steele's. One in Lewes and one in Rehoboth Beach. The phone number listed is the same for both. My guess is that they've moved as well and just havn't removed the old address. I'm sure a phone call to them would clear up the confusion.

zoostation
June 11th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Yes, Steele's was the one I was referring to. Very good. The last time I was there was in 2007 and then it was in Lewes.

BlackBart
June 11th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Both Littletons and Manchester in Bishopsville cram a lot in a little space. Brad may have more then what one thinks, he's got some inventory.

fivepointstar
June 11th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Both Littletons and Manchester in Bishopsville cram a lot in a little space. Brad may have more then what one thinks, he's got some inventory.

do you have an address? I think i drive near Bishopville when I cross back into MD on Rt113

Titanmax
June 11th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure of the address, but the phone number for Bid Brad's Gun Shop is 410-430-9820. Call after 3:30 pm. Littleson's is just around the corner from Manchester. It's a small shed type building and easy to miss.

BlackBart
June 11th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure of the address, but the phone number for Bid Brad's Gun Shop is 410-430-9820. Call after 3:30 pm. Littleson's is just around the corner from Manchester. It's a small shed type building and easy to miss.

Brads is on Esham rd in Parsonsburg, Titan already left the others on the first page. Brad doesn't open until around 1630, he has a regular job.