PDA

View Full Version : Heads up Gem-Tech tax rebate

bulletbill
April 21st, 2009, 08:50 PM
Just passing this along. Hope someone can use it. If this is a repost please forgive me as NFA/TII isn't my thing, yet.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1306395

It appears this is not advertised however a Gem-Tech dealer will be able point you in the right direction. Supposedly.

olzkool
April 21st, 2009, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Not quite as good as the knights tatoo promo but still a good deal. Guess I got to open the piggy bank again.

CKOD
April 22nd, 2009, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Not quite as good as the knights tatoo promo but still a good deal. Guess I got to open the piggy bank again.

That was AAC not knights. Boy... if it were knights and good for more then $1k like the AAC one was I would have to highly consider that. NT4 or hold onto the credit till the M110 is availible for public sales. (it will be, they just have to get military orders done before they can make ones for public sale.)

FrankOceanXray
April 22nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
I'd never get a tatoo.

This is a sweet deal. But, eh.... crap. I dunno. House, paint, carpet, wood floors, ......

Norton
April 22nd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Damn....if that was just for a .22 suppressor.....

FrankOceanXray
April 22nd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Who is our local retailer of GemTech?

Norton
April 22nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
Pretty sure Continental can hook you up.

MauiWowie
April 22nd, 2009, 11:07 AM
Wow! I just got a 9mm threaded barrel too!
JEEP where are you?????

How much does a GEMTECH TUNDRA suppressor cost????

Kharn
April 22nd, 2009, 11:09 AM
$650ish MSRP, which includes the built-in LCD.

MauiWowie
April 22nd, 2009, 11:10 AM

Aww.... F that! I can buy another Sig for that price!
I'll stick with a 22LR suppressor

CKOD
April 22nd, 2009, 11:28 AM

:lol2: I can get a SWR trident with mount for 600 from major malfunction (just called and asked a few days ago)
and it's quite a few db quieter, even the gemtech multimount is quieter then the tundra, not as quiet as the SWR though, and the MSRP on the multimount is $675 vs $699 for the tundra.

msrp for the Trident $720, so all in the same price range.

I mean it appears to be a good suppressor, just a bit high on the price-point vs performance compared to others. I wonder if they are sitting on shelves and they had to do this instead of just lowering the price. I.E. stocking dealer bought it for $550 with msrp of $699 (or whatever... made up the dealer price) and if they dropped the msrp to $499 I'm guessing the dealers wouldnt be so happy.

Maybe someone else now can run a deal where you get a free (or maybe 60% off or something...) coupon for a threaded barrel from jarvis/storm lake/bar-sto or something :D

FrankOceanXray
April 22nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
I really doubt this is a kindness out of their hearts thing. It certainly has a business plan to it.

Kharn
April 22nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
CKOD:
Yes, the Tundra's sitting on their shelves as the Multimount is a superior, more popular suppressor from the same company (Tundra does not offer a 3-lug mount, which is killing the sales). Plus the whole Trident-regarded-as-the-best thing...

olzkool
April 22nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah I know, I don't know why I said kinghts guess because I was just checking some out. I tried to do the tatoo deal and my wife volunteered to get one but they didn't honor the scheduled end date that was posted because ownershiip made em cut the promo short. I had an appointment set up and all. It was a good thing I called first lol.