PDA

View Full Version : Just got a GEMTECH threaded barrel for my SKEETER!!!

MauiWowie
April 8th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I Just got a Used GEMTECH threaded barrel for my SKEETER!!!
now i'm looking at suppressors...

I'm looking at these three

Yankee Hill Machine (YHM:
WRAITH QD $430 or Thread on $335
MITE QD $305 or Thread on $250

GEMTECH
Outback II Thread on $325

Question: What the heck is the diff. b/w QD and Thread on?
Once you have purchased the Suppressor and got the $200 ATF stamp can you transfer that stamp to another suppressor if you don't like the one you bought or if it breaks? or must you buy another stamp?
How long does the application take?

thanks,
Maui :party29:

Kharn
April 8th, 2009, 09:47 PM
-What the heck is the diff. b/w QD and Thread on?
Ease of mounting, QD usually requires a push and a twist, while thread-on requires 10+ rotations of the suppressor to bottom out against the shoulder.
-Once you have purchased the Suppressor and got the $200 ATF stamp can you transfer that stamp to another suppressor if you don't like the one you bought or if it breaks? or must you buy another stamp?
The stamp only covers the one suppressor it was issued for, if something happens and your suppressor's tube must be replaced it is treated as a whole different suppressor and requires new taxes paid.
-How long does the application take?
8-10 weeks for a new suppressor to reach your dealer on Form 3 (assuming its in stock at the manufacturer or distributor)
Unknown time to get a CLEO signature (might be 5min with your sheriff, might be a few months with MSP if they lose your paperwork)
10-16 weeks to go from your dealer to you on Form 4

JeepDriver
April 8th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I Just got a Used GEMTECH threaded barrel for my SKEETER!!!
now i'm looking at suppressors...

I'm looking at these three

Yankee Hill Machine (YHM:
WRAITH QD $430 or Thread on $335
MITE QD $305 or Thread on $250

GEMTECH
Outback II Thread on $325

Question: What the heck is the diff. b/w QD and Thread on?
Once you have purchased the Suppressor and got the $200 ATF stamp can you transfer that stamp to another suppressor if you don't like the one you bought or if it breaks? or must you buy another stamp?
How long does the application take?

thanks,
Maui :party29:

Ah welcome to the world of NFA.

YHM makes quiality stuff, but they are metering slightly louder then the GemTech. For my money I would buy the GemTech. But if I came across the YHM at a good price, I wouldn't pass it up.

The $200 stamp is for that can, that serial number, that transfer only. Once you buy it, it's yours, you will not recover the cost of the can & stamp when selling the can. If you were to have an issue with the suppressor, as long as the tube is OK the suppressor can be repaired. If the utbe is damage, then you are SOL.

Figure 4 months for the process. NFA is a patient mans game.

MauiWowie
April 8th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys!

MauiWowie
April 10th, 2009, 12:53 AM
I heard the GemTech doesn't come apart to clean? then how do you clean it?

also is the Tactical Innovations Tac-65 .22 Suppressor any good?
Jeep can you guys do Class 3 stuff?

CKOD
April 10th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Silencer research just had their 2009 .22 can review... It as some good information but its in the members section and on other forums people seem to be hesitant to post the non-free stuff openly.

he must be using some sort of anti Piracy Measures ;)

JeepDriver
April 12th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I heard the GemTech doesn't come apart to clean? then how do you clean it?

also is the Tactical Innovations Tac-65 .22 Suppressor any good?
Jeep can you guys do Class 3 stuff?

I can do it all.

I own a Tac 65 and I'm happy with it. Stop up and shoot it.

Continental is a Class III dealer, they had a few OutBack in stock the last time I worked there a couple weeks ago. While they are not technically user servicable, a little while in the oven melts the thread lock on the end caps and then it can be taken apart for cleaning.

Call up there Tuesday night (4-14-09) and ask for Chad (me) and I'll let you know if they are still there.

MauiWowie
April 12th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I can do it all.

I own a Tac 65 and I'm happy with it. Stop up and shoot it.

Continental is a Class III dealer,

Call up there Tuesday night (4-14-09) and ask for Chad (me) and I'll let you know if they are still there.

Ok I'll give you a buzz on Tuesday
Do guys carry tac 65 too?

JeepDriver
April 12th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Ok I'll give you a buzz on Tuesday
Do guys carry tac 65 too?

Usually they have the enitre line of Tactical Innovation can's. Not sure what's left after the feeding freenzy.

Talk to ya Tuesday.

K Train
April 12th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I'm happy w/ my tac-65, no complaints here.

MauiWowie
April 12th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I'm happy w/ my tac-65, no complaints here.

How much and where? if you don't mind....

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/MauiWowie22/My%20Guns/ThreadedSkeeter.jpg

K Train
April 12th, 2009, 08:15 PM
i went through a dealer in SC when i still lived down there.
i paid 250 for the suppressor (in stock at dealer) + ordered the adapter from Tactical innovations for whatever it cost.