PDA

View Full Version : Who's our next Governor!?! Gansler or Brown?

Minuteman
July 9th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Being a recently anointed Democrat, I am having some difficulty choosing whom to vote for in the primary. By the way I had a hard enough time deciding on the order of the title - so in typical Maryland style, I decided to list them simply in alphabetical order. {tongue firmly in cheek]

In one corner we have our venerable attorney general. Gansler (please hold all applause until the end, thank you.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2013/06/07/Local-Politics/Images/SSscene10-7%20%20%20%20%2000091349203514-434.JPG

And in the other corner we have our esteemed vice, er, Lt... Brown.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2013/06/03/Local/Images/brown%20011370295971.jpg

Your opinions appreciated. But your activism and vote is what matters.

Are there any challengers from across the aisle?

Let the games begin. :)

6-Pack
July 9th, 2013, 06:03 PM
I know, I'm in the same boat. As a newly registered Democrat, I feel compelled to vote in the primaries in 2014...

mward
July 9th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Brown will follow right in omalley's footsteps. Let that sink in for a minute.

zenMonkey
July 9th, 2013, 06:13 PM
I'm still not fully recovered from seeing democrat on my voter id card, and then you post this?? Brutal...

:puke2:

It is a very interesting question though. My initial feeling is that Gansler is the lesser of the two douches, but I'm really going to have to think hard about this one.

snavematt
July 9th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Ulman is a MoM clown, I went to HS with him, nice guy but his politics are skewed

smores
July 9th, 2013, 06:32 PM
I will go to every event I can and call Crown out as a liar.... oh wait it's Maryland, I'll just be painted as a racist Klansman for criticizing a black man.

I HATE Anthony Brown. What a piece of sh!t. And Gansler is no better, possibly worse. How many of you are still feeling good about standing your ground in MD? Maybe they'll be nice and establish Non-Liberal Person Reservations for those that can't escape.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

jkeiler
July 9th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I know Brown personally. Very decent guy, Army vet, smart. Don't like his politics, but any Democrat running for governor is going to tow the same basic line.

erwos
July 9th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Actually, I rather like Gansler more. He did not go out of his way to screw us, whereas Brown was running the gun control show real hard this term.

joppaj
July 9th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Gansler. The MD Dem party wants black voters, not black leaders. Notice that Stephanie Rawlings Blake isn't even in the conversation?

rambling_one
July 9th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Great thread, Minuteman! Just the other day a close friend and I were discussing this very question <g>.

marquis708
July 9th, 2013, 06:59 PM
I hope neither. But gansler out of the 2

BradMacc82
July 9th, 2013, 07:03 PM
To answer the OP's title directly - Another lying, underhanded POS.

BigCity
July 9th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Is there a third choice yet? If not, then I will swallow my bile (again) and choose gansler.

ShallNotInfringe
July 9th, 2013, 07:08 PM
So.... There is no third possibility? These choices are like saying would you rather have that turd sandwich with mustard or mayo?

ViperRy
July 9th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Any Republican will have a far better chance against pansy Gansy than Brown.

L0gic
July 9th, 2013, 07:16 PM
So.... There is no third possibility? These choices are like saying would you rather have that turd sandwich with mustard or mayo?

Or vote for the Devil or Mephistopheles. In one corner we have the guy who will continue to tow the line set forth by his mentor (Brown) and in the other corner, we have the guy who said SB281 is completely constitutional, which is an affront to everything SCOTUS has said so far, like putting up a toll for a Constitutional Right.

Based on those two alone, I would have to lean towards Dougie. After all, as the AG, he did say we can open carry our rifles :envy:

Devonian
July 9th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Isn't Peter Franchot planning on running?

JWGuns
July 9th, 2013, 07:18 PM
http://youtu.be/UthMHjoNyjA

Reminds me of a classic South Park, choosing between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

smores
July 9th, 2013, 07:19 PM
I know Brown personally. Very decent guy, Army vet, smart. Don't like his politics, but any Democrat running for governor is going to tow the same basic line.

He's a bold-faced liar. I don't have any respect for thieves and liars.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

RustinRifle55
July 9th, 2013, 07:22 PM
If you like Obama you will like Brown. I see Brown hired one of Barry's boys to help with his campaign.

rtmhunter
July 9th, 2013, 07:24 PM
They both make me ....:puke2::puke:

sgt23preston
July 9th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Sgt Preston here...

We should abolish the term Governor...

And replace it with the title Emperor...

And my vote is for:

C. None of the above...

annihilation-time
July 9th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Hopefully neither, but I think Gangbangsler will get it.

danb
July 9th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Boy this is a choice between evil and evil-ler. at least Gansler wants to bring back the death penalty. Brown will just tow the leftist O'Malley line.

EL1227
July 9th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Heads they win ...
Tails you lose ...

FreeStateDINO's need to either identify a dark horse candidate or figure out how to narrowly split the vote between the two, maybe even forcing a run-off.

I wonder what Sobahni is doing these days ... :innocent0

Minuteman
July 9th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Who knows, there might be a third Democrat challenger.

tsmith1499
July 9th, 2013, 08:17 PM
My wife was at the Town Hall meeting in MoCo back in may where Brown appeared. She was less than impressed. In her opinion he had NO CLUE what was going on. But what else is new? I will vote for Dougie unless someone better comes along.

smores
July 9th, 2013, 08:45 PM
My wife was at the Town Hall meeting in MoCo back in may where Brown appeared. She was less than impressed. In her opinion he had NO CLUE what was going on. But what else is new? I will vote for Dougie unless someone better comes along.

I was at the one on 2/6 (after our BIGGEST rally) where he said "tens and tens" of people showed up to oppose the bill. I believe I was the last called on to asked questions, where I called him out saying we had more like THREE THOUSAND people and shut down the Senate building. Of course, he conceded that I was right... but he was DEAD WRONG. I had walked past him in Annapolis earlier in the day, so he knew damn well more than "tens of tens" took the day off to come down.

Someone with either a memory that short, or willingness to lie so blatantly should NOT be in public office. Would you let such a scoundrel be a governor? But I repeat myself...

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

ibang1
July 9th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Last month there was talk that Michael Steele would run for governor on the GOP. If that was the case which Dem could Steele win from? Brown or Gansler?

Shamus_the_bassist
July 9th, 2013, 09:02 PM
crap sandwich with mayo or mustard…that was great best answer yet. well done.
These options don't seem like much of a choice but Gans…is better than Brown…I think...

Mark75H
July 9th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Isn't Peter Franchot planning on running?

Franchot already sits in MD's seat of power ... why move down to a term limited seat of less power?

honda53s
July 9th, 2013, 09:04 PM
With a quick look, Brown looks Like Obama.

woodstock
July 9th, 2013, 09:13 PM
:banghead: and i became a democRAT for this? :ohnoes: CAN WE, Maryland, produce someone to counter these fools? If Ill-annoys can pass a Shall Issue Law, I remain steadfast and hopeful. :fingerscrossed:

Docster
July 9th, 2013, 09:26 PM

It's still early, very early. Things will clear up soon, but the discussion of which Dem is best for us is still a good one to have now.

Haides
July 9th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Dan Bongino! :D

Threeband
July 9th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Which would be weaker and less effective?

DC-W
July 9th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Brown recently hired Obama's campaign manager...

joppaj
July 10th, 2013, 05:35 AM
If that was the case which Dem could Steele win from?

MAYBE, MAYBE from Willy Don Shaffer, mostly because he's dead. My dog running as a Democrat would beat Steele.

Threeband
July 10th, 2013, 06:30 AM
I'm voting for JoppaJ's dog!

Is he blue or yellow?

6-Pack
July 10th, 2013, 07:02 AM
How many of you are still feeling good about standing your ground in MD? Maybe they'll be nice and establish Non-Liberal Person Reservations for those that can't escape.

Carroll County

Sling Blade
July 10th, 2013, 07:07 AM
MAYBE, MAYBE from Willy Don Shaffer, mostly because he's dead. My dog running as a Democrat would beat Steele.

One of the OP's choice's doesn't suck any more or less than the other. But I'm sure Willy Don will vote for one of them.

Along with the population of Greenmount Cemetary and John Wilkes Booth. :innocent0

jaybee
July 10th, 2013, 07:12 AM
being a dino and

I think Brown has a better chance to win the General election

I think I will vote for the weaker in gangbanger in the democratic primary

another way to look at it and I'm sure the politicians did

the general election will be white vs white or black vs white

BondJamesBond
July 10th, 2013, 07:33 AM
History says it will not be Brown. the Lt. Gov has never been elected Governor.

BUT, lets not forget white guilt that gave us the most unqualified and anti-American President in US history. A city that elected Dixon and Rawlings-Blake will vote for anything. Anyone wonder what Rawlings Blake would be doing if her father had NOT been Howard Pete Rawlings? Maybe picking up the folded dollar bills when the last song is over?

It really comes down to who the Sun tells the idiots to vote for.

Dreago
July 10th, 2013, 07:50 AM
And my vote is for:

C. None of the above...

^^^^^^^^^
THIS

Mike OTDP
July 10th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Guys...part of being a DINO is being able to run your own candidate in the primaries.

Pick somebody who is a Democrat but pro-2A. A county executive would be best. Get him on the ticket, vote for him in the primary. If (when) the Democrat leadership tries to interfere, raise hell about their undemocratic actions.

BondJamesBond
July 10th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Guys...part of being a DINO is being able to run your own candidate in the primaries.

Pick somebody who is a Democrat but pro-2A. A county executive would be best. Get him on the ticket, vote for him in the primary. If (when) the Democrat leadership tries to interfere, raise hell about their undemocratic actions.

You have to remember...the Democrat machine runs things. You may be a DINO to upset the primaries, but that doesn't mean they have to let your candidate on the ballot. Primaries are run by the party.

Mike OTDP
July 10th, 2013, 09:30 AM
True...but then you get to raise bloody hell. Undermine the legitimacy of the Democrat machine.

Haides
July 10th, 2013, 10:22 AM
:lol:

ahhhh, he said "legitimacy" *wipes away tears of laughter* oh boy, that was a good one. You're funny. ;)

tc617
July 10th, 2013, 10:35 AM
In today's MD Independent there is an article stating that Brown has obtained Obama's campaign manager Jim Messina for his 2014 gubernatorial bid.

http://www.somdnews.com/article/20130710/NEWS/130719767/1055/brown-bags-obama-adviser&template=southernMaryland

Minuteman
July 10th, 2013, 04:25 PM

This is what I'm hoping for. However, instead of an outright DINO; a more legitimate Democrat, the kind that I, heck, many of us could support.

There is enough time to solicit some of your moderate Democrat leaders, and up-and-coming 'undeclared' leaders. If one of them would run in the primary, it would be a hell-of-an-expensive and interesting race.

Whomever wins the Democrat primary has a huge advantage in the general election.

hodgepodge
July 10th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio.

psycosteve
July 10th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Well I am staying Republican just to keep operation RINO from taking place . Right now lets work both sides of the fence and see what blue dogs we can rally to our cause .

smores
July 10th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Well I am staying Republican just to keep operation RINO from taking place . Right now lets work both sides of the fence and see what blue dogs we can rally to our cause .

Operation RINO has been destroying our country for decades. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Raineman
July 10th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Gansler or Brown? If this is what it'll be down to, someone please shoot me before October 1st.

(Cause you won't be able to do it after that)

Andybrown
July 10th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Your next Lt. Governor is Ken Ulman, Howard County Executive.

Minuteman
July 10th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Your next Lt. Governor is Ken Ulman, Howard County Executive.

won the primary by 50 votes. This my friends is why voting in the primary matters so much.

from wiki:
Ulman first ran for political office in 2002, when he sought the District 4 County Council seat being vacated by former Council member Mary Lorsung. Ulman won the Democratic primary by 50 votes, and beat Republican opponent Joan Lancos in the general election.[4] [5] Ulman served a four-year term as a Council member in Howard County. In 2006, Ulman ran for County Executive against Republican Party opponent Christopher J. Merdon and independent candidate C. Stephen Wallis. A major theme of his campaign was his claim he played a role in preventing the closure of Columbia’s Merriweather Post Pavilion. Ulman won in the general election with 52 percent of the vote and was sworn in on December 4, 2006.
Ulman is Chair of the Baltimore Regional Transportation Board and Chair of the Baltimore Metropolitan Council. He serves on the Maryland Association of Counties' Board of Directors and the Board of Directors of the County Executives of America.
On June 3, 2013, Ulman announced that he would be running for the Lt. Governor of Maryland alongside Anthony G. Brown in 2014.

Blacksmith101
July 10th, 2013, 11:33 PM
The key to being an effective DINO is watch and wait to see what unfolds then vote as a block. Until the primary is close you can't make a decision, when the time is close then you look at both the Democratic and Republican candidates to see if you will vote for the weakest Dem. or the Dem that will do the least damage to the 2nd Amendment. If the leading Republican is someone who has a legitimate chance of winning the general election then you vote for the weakest candidate. However, if it is certain the general election will go Democrat then you vote for the least damage to the 2nd Amendment.

Remember the primary is not just about the Governor, all the other positions are as important even local races because those are the people who will be moving up in the party ranks in coming years. Every race counts and every vote counts; vote conservative even if you loose because the vote counters will analyze who got what votes which will guide their planning in the future. If they see more conservative votes being cast in the primary along with increased crossover voting in the general election it will send a message, remember the real thing they are concerned with is getting elected and they will change their spots if they have to to get elected.

Also do not vote for anyone running unopposed or for judges "continuing in office" because they will win anyway but if very few people vote for the position it will encourage others to run for those positions. Finally if you don't know who the candidates are or politics they stand for then always vote the incumbent out because the less seniority they have the less damage they can do.

Americus
July 10th, 2013, 11:40 PM
gansler looks like a retarded piers morgan

Haides
July 10th, 2013, 11:59 PM
gansler looks like a retarded piers morgan

You repeat yourself, sir.

Biggfoot44
July 11th, 2013, 01:13 AM
At this point we don't even need to think about Gansler vs Brown.

Since getting on the ballot only requires signatures , there will be at least one more off the wall Dem running. No mater if they are guano crazy , or belong to CPUSA and NAMBLA , we need to give support , and send donations to them. Our imeadate goal is to get them to poll enough above zero that Gansler and Brown will have to respond to them. Then as we get much closer to June , we can think about who to actually vote for.

Americus
July 11th, 2013, 02:04 AM
gansler looks like piers morgan's ugly monkey-butt loving cousin after getting hit by the ugly truck being driven by dianne frankensteinYou repeat yourself, sir.

Better? :rolleyes:

Haides
July 11th, 2013, 07:15 AM
:lol2: Better.

steveh326
July 12th, 2013, 08:19 AM
has MD ever had a Republican governor, or is a Democrat a foregone conclusion

joppaj
July 12th, 2013, 08:21 AM

Bob Ehrlich was the last one, prior to that was Spiro Agnew. Ehrlich was a RINO by most standards.

ToneGrail
July 12th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Spiro T Agnew.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

BondJamesBond
July 12th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Spiro T Agnew.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

And Ted McKeldin and Bob Ehrlich.

RedWolf762
July 12th, 2013, 11:04 AM
I would say, for a DINO, the obvious choice would be to vote for the weakest candidate.

RonInMD
July 13th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Who's our next Governor!?! Gansler or Brown?

Does it make any difference really what dem/lib is elected in this state? They all lie. They'll tell you what you want to hear while campaigning then vote their way, "it's for the kids", "I'm voting my conscience", etc etc etc, and too they all have friends who vote them back into office election after election, then complain about the way the state is run.

ToneGrail
August 14th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I'm thinking Gansler will have a weaker pull with the AA community, especially if he's facing Lollar in the General. I just have a hard time bringing myself to pull the lever for such a turd.

browning guy
August 14th, 2013, 09:15 AM
I am writing in Five Point Star

FPS for Governor!!

Mr H
August 14th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I would say, for a DINO, the obvious choice would be to vote for the weakest candidate.

But DINOs need to coordinate that vote. If there is a large field and we vote scattershot, IMO, Buster Brown wins.

Crow Bait
August 14th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Door #3

Heather Mizuer

Straight from Chicago

http://www.heathermizeur.com/about-heather

gprimr1
August 14th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Heather will do well with the white guilt communities but I don't know the AA community will feel about an openly gay governor.

Mr H
August 14th, 2013, 10:36 AM
You just hit my next point...

It will not be Gansler, because the primary will be decided on the basis of guilt.

Black or gay or [insert protected class here], they will play on it, because, by gum, to NOT vote for them would just be ___-ist

Doctor_M
August 14th, 2013, 10:50 AM
To paraphrase South Park... all elections are a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich... if this doesn't prove the point, I don't know what does.

smkranz
August 14th, 2013, 01:09 PM
This just in from MOM:

When Lt. Governor Anthony Brown and I were sworn into office in January 2007, Maryland's government was not working for middle class families because of you-know-who, and you-know-who.

But instead of making excuses [spending 7 years blaming others is not "making excuses"], we I came together and made better choices - and over these past seven years weI've been delivering better results:

Last year, we I led our region in job tax creation. WeI've made the waters of the Chesapeake Bay healthier, and we I just rolled out one of the most aggressive idiotic plans of any state to combat climate change. I also made Maryland a safer place for criminals to live and practice their trade, by making it harder for ordinary citizens to buy guns, and by eliminating the death penalty.

And, together [umm, well, except for Baltimore City, and PG County], weI've built America's #1 ranked public school system for an unprecedented five years in a row.

I established Maryland as a welcoming place for "new Americans" who come here by non-traditional means and who deserve in-state tuition rates because we know that they will vote D.

But if we want to continue delivering better results more government and less freedom, we you have to continue making better choices paying the country's highest taxes, and one of the most important choice$ we can make is electing Anthony Brown governor. Please join me and contribute a whopping $5 or more to his campaign today. I might give him another $5 down the road as well.

http://action.martinomalley.com/anthony-brown

Anthony Brown has been an essential part of the results we've delivered since taking office. He has my full support as we continue delivering for Maryland families. [Now that's damned with faint praise.]

If you agree with the choices we've made, like winning marriage equality and passing the nation's toughest laws to reduce gun violence keep people from exercising their Second Amendment rights, then let's get this done.

All the best, suckers.

Martin O'Malley

danb
August 14th, 2013, 02:56 PM
To paraphrase South Park... all elections are a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich... if this doesn't prove the point, I don't know what does.

i'd rather have a turd sandwich and giant douche to Gansler and Brown

Bel Air Guy
August 14th, 2013, 03:23 PM
You can always write in your choice for Gov., any vote against the strongest Dem running is better that voting for a turd. Then in the general election vote your mind not your party. I don't hate dems, just people that don't love this country (including all that we stand for)

Mr H
August 14th, 2013, 03:38 PM
There will be amazing games played with the election.

No candidates filed yet, and still all the posturing...

Several hundred trial balloons, letting all the dirt come out in the media before anyone has to say they are actually a candidate.

The LG picks will tell us who the MD Dems want to be in the throne for the next 8 years.

Gonna be interesting.

Second Amendment
August 14th, 2013, 04:05 PM
They are both O'Malley, thus both sh*t.

Sling Blade
August 14th, 2013, 07:04 PM
I am writing in Five Point Star

FPS for Governor!!

I would write in Gunman Superstar but he lives in PA. :lol2:

Mr H
August 14th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I would write in Gunman Superstar but he lives in PA. :lol2:

DId you read that on the internet??!!

;)

Sling Blade
August 14th, 2013, 07:18 PM
DId you read that on the internet??!!

;)

Sure did. So it must be true, I reckon. :thumbsup:

28Shooter
August 14th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I guess this will be the first test of those of us who have changed our affiliation to Democrat (d@mn... I just puked in my mouth again). As a DINO, Gansler's got my vote unless of course somebody/something "better" comes along...flaming bag of dog waste, mental patient, etc. A vote for Brown would consolidate much of the Black vote and the White-guilt crowd - can you say Obama supporters?

Mr H
August 14th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I guess this will be the first test of those of us who have changed our affiliation to Democrat (d@mn... I just puked in my mouth again). As a DINO, Gansler's got my vote unless of course somebody/something "better" comes along...flaming bag of dog waste, mental patient, etc. A vote for Brown would consolidate much of the Black vote and the White-guilt crowd - can you say Obama supporters?

First, I think she may be out there. There is only so much more ground to be gained in the gay rights 'fight', and none of her experience appears to be in actually DOING anything.

We know they are all progressive meatheads, but so far Heather Whozit is the weakest of the bunch. She will split the guilt-vote, but if Doogie picks a black for LG, then the black vote becomes a mess (especially since Brown can be seen as 'not black enough')

Second, they're not about to mess with a proven formula. Corey Booker, anyone?

Alutacon
August 14th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Heads they win ...
Tails you lose ...

FreeStateDINO's need to either identify a dark horse candidate or figure out how to narrowly split the vote between the two, maybe even forcing a run-off.

I wonder what Sobahni is doing these days ... :innocent0

he's working at McDonalds

Alutacon
August 14th, 2013, 10:50 PM
History says it will not be Brown. the Lt. Gov has never been elected Governor.

BUT, lets not forget white guilt that gave us the most unqualified and anti-American President in US history. A city that elected Dixon and Rawlings-Blake will vote for anything. Anyone wonder what Rawlings Blake would be doing if her father had NOT been Howard Pete Rawlings? Maybe picking up the folded dollar bills when the last song is over?

It really comes down to who the Sun tells the idiots to vote for.

I don't understand what you're saying. why would white guilt have driven people to vote for W?

Jimbob2.0
August 14th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Screwed either way

Auckland
August 14th, 2013, 11:34 PM
I'm voting for the white guy. If it comes down to Lollar vs a black Dem then the black dem will win. I think Lollar will have a better chance against a white dem.

grayson71
August 15th, 2013, 06:54 AM
I'm still not fully recovered from seeing democrat on my voter id card, and then you post this?? Brutal...

:puke2:

It is a very interesting question though. My initial feeling is that Gansler is the lesser of the two douches, but I'm really going to have to think hard about this one.

I feel the same way about my new voter card. I keep having nightmares about dems chasing me down the street and I'm out of ammo!!!

I felt so dirty when I got my new voter card, no matter how many showers I take, I still feel dirty...

:sad20:

rockstarr
August 15th, 2013, 08:43 AM
He's a bold-faced liar. I don't have any respect for thieves and liars.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

im right on board with that, cant stand either of those 2 traites in a person

Minuteman
February 9th, 2014, 05:40 AM
David Craig is running and he's for Concealed Carry in Maryland. Bold.

Hollywood Ball
February 9th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Brown. Because the powers that be say so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dar
February 9th, 2014, 08:04 AM
I am not a fan of either of them and will not vote for Brown.

safecracker
February 9th, 2014, 09:00 AM
As Brown is the heir apparent, I say pile on the votes for Gansler. At the very least, Brown will have to spend more money in order to win, thereby reducing his war chest in a possible showdown with Lollar. Fantasy race: Lollar vs. Gansler..... If Lollar plays the race card correctly, he could take Baltimore and PG county. Slim chance but it's our only hope for this Godforsaken shithole of a state.

mxrider
February 9th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I know, I'm in the same boat. As a newly registered Democrat, I feel compelled to vote in the primaries in 2014...

If you weren't going to vote in the primaries as a D, then what's the point in changing affiliation? That's the whole point!

This is the type of thinking that all DINO's need to have, and to have a co-ordinated effort in doing so. Either a 3rd person comes into play that all come behind or voting for whoever a R will have the best chance against.

Uncle Duke
February 9th, 2014, 09:18 AM
If you weren't going to vote in the primaries as a D, then what's the point in changing affiliation? That's the whole point!

This is the type of thinking that all DINO's need to have, and to have a co-ordinated effort in doing so. Either a 3rd person comes into play that all come behind or voting for whoever a R will have the best chance against.

This! ^^^

Whatever we do, we ideally stifle the gag reflex and do it unanimously! AND we make it known that we did it, and let them wonder who's next for a dose of the same.

Yellowhand
February 9th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I'm definitely not voting for Brown or anyone else affiliated with the D party...out with the old, that includes you Barbara, in with those who see things our way. If they're not on the checklist I'll write in a name.

BRONZ
February 9th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Party boy gansler or retard brown......

Jerry M
February 9th, 2014, 03:46 PM
This election as most in MD will be decided in the primary. Ehrlich was a fluke and not likely to happen again for some time. IMHO

Good luck

Jerry

hogarth
February 9th, 2014, 04:06 PM
I'm definitely not voting for Brown or anyone else affiliated with the D party...out with the old, that includes you Barbara, in with those who see things our way. If they're not on the checklist I'll write in a name.

Good luck with that plan.

gstaniii
February 9th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Brown is a genuine idiot and a member of the 'weapons of war do not belong on our streets' caucus. Gansler is just a more radical version of Parris Glendening. As a DINO, I really am not sure at this point who should get my primary vote. I can't see myself voting for Ferris Mizuer either.

5.56blaster
February 9th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Both a really BIG Giant A$$holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hogarth
February 9th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Here's a thought. Can we as DINOs throw it all in for Gansler at the primary and then let him know that we did so? This might keep us from having to buy Costco sized tubs of Vaseline if he wins the governorship (not wanting to bite the hand that fed him). Just a thought.

Personally, I think he is the one we should back at the primary, and then we should all vote Republican in November.

gatopolis11
February 9th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Gansler....I think he can be manipulated in our favor more than Brown, although they both suck

Mark75H
February 9th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Brown is toast. Hoping Hogan can beat Gansler ... but you know the party crowd sticks together

ShallNotInfringe
February 9th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Gansler has my vote in the primary.

Mr H
February 9th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Primary, I'm still torn between Doogie and Manssier in the primary.

What's bugging me, though, is the presumption that a D WILL be the final result.

Yeah, we know the game is rigged... but how is there nothing better than turning the tables, and beating them at their own game???

kingfish
February 9th, 2014, 07:42 PM
If Gansler wins the primary,the ghetto dwellers won't be coming out in droves to vote in the primary. He'll get my vote in the primary's

rambling_one
February 9th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Here's a thought. Can we as DINOs throw it all in for Gansler at the primary and then let him know that we did so? This might keep us from having to buy Costco sized tubs of Vaseline if he wins the governorship (not wanting to bite the hand that fed him). Just a thought.

Personally, I think he is the one we should back at the primary, and then we should all vote Republican in November.

:thumbsup:

fidelity
February 9th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Hasn't Gansler stated support for open carry of long guns in MD? (on my phone or would insert appropriate emoticon)

Relative to Brown, doesn't this position make him the pro-2A candidate of the two (his LG running mate notwithstanding)? Like an NRA rating of a D+ instead of an F.

ShallNotInfringe
February 9th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Hasn't Gansler stated support for open carry of long guns in MD? (on my phone or would insert appropriate emoticon)

Relative to Brown, doesn't this position make him the pro-2A candidate of the two (his LG running mate notwithstanding)? Like an NRA rating of a D+ instead of an F.

Well, er, he said open carry of long guns was a sufficient reason for having G&S in place for concealed carry.

At least Gansler knows what the constitution says and means while he defiles it. :)

Docster
February 9th, 2014, 08:15 PM

Yes, remember, the goal for DINO's is to get the Dem candidate (in the primary) most likely to LOSE to a REPUBLICAN in the general election.

Knuckle66
February 10th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Yes, remember, the goal for DINO's is to get the Dem candidate (in the primary) most likely to LOSE to a REPUBLICAN in the general election.

I'm kinda hoping the republican will be Hogan.

Minuteman
February 10th, 2014, 04:38 AM
I'm kinda hoping the republican will be Hogan.

Have you checked out David Craig? Hogans better?

Being a registered democrat I get to vote in the primary. Looks like Gansler is our best option, the vote for anyone who runs against him in the general election.

BeoBill
February 10th, 2014, 11:51 AM

That usually equates to neutral or pro-RKBA. Remember, Maryland is a single-party state.

Bohlieve410
February 10th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I'll vote Gansler in primary and then Hogan.

dogbone
February 11th, 2014, 07:57 AM
So, as a young person that still is void of the common cynicism, how do i apply? Thats what we need right? A younger person that is able to tip-toe all the demo agenda and still stand up for what is right, fight for our rights. As a multi-generation MD family, I don't plan on leaving any time in my lifetime, This is my ground and they will have to fight hard to get it from me. Ol' men, tell me what to do. How? I'm lost.

Apply to vote?

Right here:
http://www.elections.state.md.us/voter_registration/index.html

Apply to run?
Same site, different page:
http://www.elections.state.md.us/candidacy/index.html

Deadline: Tuesday, February 25, 2014