PDA

View Full Version : My new toy

Kharn
October 27th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Its easy to afford the cheap NFA toys when you have crappy basement carpeting. The BBT dropped off the upper right as I got home for lunch, so I was 10min late getting back to the office. :innocent0

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/John_McFly/ARfcom/9mm105small.jpg

simplegreen
October 27th, 2008, 03:10 PM
um... where and how much

Jeep what does it cost to build/buy models like you had at the shoot? I've been pricing out mp5's cant find them for less than 16k, uzi's for less than 7.. thats not out of the question for me but i'd much rather have one like the 9mm you had at the shoot

DZ
October 27th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Only 10 minutes :)

Kharn
October 27th, 2008, 03:18 PM
um... where and how muchIts an SBR that I did a Form 1 on, not an MG, so its considerably cheaper:

$200 stamp
$200 Bushmaster lower
$600 for Spikes Tactical upper with ramped bolt & ST-X buffer, built from RRA parts
$140 for VM Hy-tech mag block
$50 RRA parts kit
$10 DPMS hammer
$50 RRA telestock
$110 LMT BUIS
$30 to engrave my name, city & state on the lower
$15 for finger prints
$18 to MSP for background check
6 weeks for MSP to sign off as CLEO, 8 weeks for ATF to approve.

$1423, I'd never priced it all out before and had bought everything in peices... :o
Only 10 minutes :)Horst & McCann is closed on Mondays or I would've called in and taken the rest of the afternoon off. :tantrum:

joppaj
October 27th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Beauty Sir.

simplegreen
October 27th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Its an SBR that I did a Form 1 on, not an MG, so its considerably cheaper:

ahh right before I read that i assumed it was 01 because of the sbr not mg.

question still stands for jeep

fivepointstar
October 27th, 2008, 04:09 PM
VERY NICE!!!

Now see what you did, now I want one!!!!!:innocent0

mdjamesd
October 27th, 2008, 08:32 PM
um... where and how much

Jeep what does it cost to build/buy models like you had at the shoot? I've been pricing out mp5's cant find them for less than 16k, uzi's for less than 7.. thats not out of the question for me but i'd much rather have one like the 9mm you had at the shoot

Look up the price for an AR15 Auto-sear on gunbroker or the such. then you get an idea of the money involved.

Kharn
December 2nd, 2008, 06:28 PM
It was rather surprising when my SBR's FSB rotated 1/4" in either direction at the range last week.

After discussing it with Spikes it seems they do not advertise or offer taper pins on FSBs that they install on custom projects, they think just one small ~1/16" set screw is enough to hold the FSB in proper alignment. (and who thinks to check an upper for taper pins upon reciept, I didnt even realize this upper was missing them until it required 15 clicks to zero at 25m)

Suffice to say, this upper's going back to them for a refund. Hopefully Adco's back-order list isnt more than 3-4 months at this point. :mad54:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/John_McFly/ARfcom/9mmSpikes.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/John_McFly/ARfcom/9mmFSBunderside.jpg

wreckdiver
December 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
Spike's should hook you up. I talked with Tom from Spike's at a Florida gun show and they usually bend over backwards to help. I knew they did the set screw thing with the .22 uppers, but I'm surprised they'd do it with a 9mm.